TITLE: IT Desktop Support Technician
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: IT Manager
As a Desktop Support Technician, you will be the first line of defense for the IT Department. You will be handling inbound IT support requests from all levels of the organization. This includes user account management, workstation support and deployment, basic network troubleshooting, and application support for both third party and custom applications.
You will be expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of the IT Infrastructure and Operations. This includes advancing your personal competencies and IT skills through provided training as well as mentoring by senior team members.
If you're passionate about technology and are looking for an opportunity to build IT systems for a company that saves lives, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Technical Support resource for Grapevine, TX office and remote users
• Provision and deploy new workstations and laptops to corporate staff
• Manage hardware refreshes for existing workstations and mobile devices
• Manage corporate mobile account(s)
• Maintain all OS and application patches and updates on corporate workstations
• Routinely provide various summary reports to the IT Infrastructure Manager
• Help maintain internal IT documentation and employee self-help wiki
• Provision, troubleshoot and maintain phones and client software of the VOIP system
• Diagnose and repair workstations infected with malware and viruses
• Perform intermediate level troubleshooting on MS Office, network, and Windows OS
• Perform hardware maintenance on desktops, printers, projectors, mobile devices and other networked hardware
• Perform Software and Hardware audits
• Procurement of IT hardware and software for approved purchase orders from approved vendors
• Work with Systems Administrators to act as a backup on various server and application systems
• Work with Systems Administrators to deploy new server hardware and software
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
• Other duties as may be assigned by the IT Infrastructure Manager.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as part of a helpdesk or 1-year experience as a desktop support technician
• Intermediate understanding of Windows client operating systems
• Experience documenting work in a ticketing system
• Intermediate level experience troubleshooting and replacing computer hardware components.
• Intermediate to Expert level knowledge of MS Office
• Basic knowledge of Windows Active Directory
• Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and be able to communicate with both team members and non-technical users
• Must demonstrate excellent organization, prioritization, follow-up, and time management skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work varying hours and travel when required (less than 5%)
• Must show strong analytical and problem-solving skills within a technical environment
• Must have the ability to lift servers and network equipment up to 50 lbs.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Why Kelly ® Technology?
Looking to put your tech expertise to work on today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects? By partnering with Kelly Technology, you'll gain direct connections to top companies around the globe. Our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the world's most critical challenges. In a world where change is the only constant, our extensive network of industry relationships and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, make an impact, and grow your tech career.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.