Nutrien Ltd. Owensboro, KY Full-Time
Apply on company site
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you'll do:
* Receives, stores and ships fertilizer product safely and efficiently using computerized equipment.
* Oversees staff workload on a daily basis and assists in training terminal staff. Acts as a liaison between terminal staff and the manager to bring forward concerns and issues for discussion.
* Reviews operating standards and procedures and ensures processes and procedures are followed including government regulations.
* Schedules rail traffic using computerized system and ensures bills of lading, release forms, inventory and dangerous goods forms are completed correctly.
* Maintains control systems such as Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), computer interface and compressors in a safe and efficient manner to store fertilizer.
* Troubleshoots operational and maintenance problems; makes recommendations for resolution. Confirms maintenance records are completed.
* Schedules and supervises contractors; completes appropriate permits and work orders.
* Performs general building and site maintenance. Maintains security and fire systems.
* Ensures records are kept current on equipment checks, safety equipment, inventory levels and emergency response equipment.
* Liaises with other departments as required to ensure smooth operation of the terminal.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Ability to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong time management and organizational skills.
* Proven ability to work in a team environment.
What you will bring:
* Grade XII or equivalent supplemented with post-secondary training.
* Four (4) years related experience.
* A combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
* Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting equipment.
* Computer competent to operate computerized manufacturing or processing equipment.
* Experience in operating and maintaining PLC systems.
* Ability to complete a Criminal Background Check, Drug & Alcohol Testing, and Driving Record Abstract as required by?Nutrien Ag Solutions?policies.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
• Control Systems
• Customer Service
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: 2309298159
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.