TX - Grapevine, TX
Installation - Maint - Repair
The position of Material Handler III maintains inventory by identifying labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on pick lists; maintains in-process inventory in production areas by delivering and opening materials and supplies. Responsible for bulk shipping via contact carriers and responsible for inventory cycle counts. Position requires intermediate RF equipment knowledge and usage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other Duties not listed may be assigned.
Daily Responsibilities % of Job 90%
• Maintains records or files of information related to inventory, equipment or other items.
• Prepares documentation and performs data entry.
• Maintains responsibility for keeping shipping and receiving area, warehouse and general merchandise areas clean and organized.
• Participates in the taking of periodic and special inventories.
• Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required and approved to meet workload demands.
• Recognize damaged product at any point in the warehousing process and take appropriate action when discovered.
• Read, interpret, and apply Warehouse Management System (WMS) order instructions.
• Be aware and follow all safety and security policies.
• Maintain shipping and receiving documentation.
• Prepares cartons/boxes/pallets for shipping.
• Loads and unloads material within a warehouse or storage facility.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Maintain housekeeping standards at all times for a clean, conducive work environment.
• Perform special projects directed by Supervisor/Manager.
• Ensures all priority order shipments daily and all shipment deadlines are met
• Facilitate communication to associates and create a SMS based environment with direct reports.
• Interact/communicate with corporate personnel regarding inventory
• Assist in conducting training of all employees and contractors on operating guidelines, work instructions, SOPs, and training guides related to the sales and production areas
• Safely and effectively utilize necessary equipment and tools (scanning equipment, ladders, conveyance equipment, etc.) while maintaining daily proper housekeeping standards for clean and conducive environment
• Maintain a safe environment anticipating and solving emerging situations
• Actively participates on quality improvement project teams and makes strong contributions to the teams success
• Understand random stocking and utilize concept in replenishment
• Has knowledge and can execute all associated tasks designated to Material Handlers I and II.
• Must be able to meet and/or exceed daily KPI metrics.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Warehouse Efficiencies % of Job 5%
• Builds and maintains a work environment that is positive and is supported by open feedback and two-way communications at all levels.
• Keeps warehouse organized and clean at all times.
Team Building/Leadership % of Job 5%
• Responsible for maintaining a positive work environment while supporting the companys culture.
• Responsible for fostering a healthy and safe work environment, focusing on the well-being of all associates.
Education and/or Experience
• Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to read, do basic mathematics, understand and respond to written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of safety, work instructions, policies, etc.
• Requires intermediate computer skills. Must be able to create, read, and analyze EXCEL spreadsheets.
• Works well with a team.
• Needs ability to ascend and descend ladders safely.
• Exhibits effective communication skills essential to providing instructions and suggestions regarding all inventory related tasks.
• Must pay close attention to detail in order to identify inventory discrepancies.
• Possesses clear knowledge of computer systems and has ability to navigate and make necessary inventory adjustments.
• Is capable of thinking creatively/spatially in order to efficiently and effectively organize inventory.
• Hands-on and has ambition and drive to succeed - Makes things happen.
• Goal oriented and must be accustomed to achieving results through teamwork.
• Is capable of maintaining the stamina needed for long hours of standing, stooping, bending, in warehouse environment.
• Must be able to establish and maintain quality and quantity standards.
• Must be flexible in scheduling. Responsibility may include overtime hours based on Company need.
• Needs the ability to input, collect, and analyze data from WMS computer systems is required.
• Shows determination to achieve excellent results
• Finds better ways
• Demand top performance
• Inspires commitment
Must be able to tolerate moderate to high noise levels in a warehouse environment. Office and outside environmental conditions found in the warehouse, hot in the summer, cold in the winter. Individuals may need to walk for an extensive period of time while working and walking the facilities; to reach over shoulder heights; bend or stoop below the waist; repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
SMS InfoComm Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and Inclusion are the foundation of our culture