• TX, USA
• Full Time
Looking to use your programming skills for an exciting and rewarding career in the commercial construction management field? We're seeking a skilled Application Developer / Analyst to design, develop, and maintain custom applications specifically for internal operations. This position will provide a great opportunity for a strategic thinker to use their analytical skills to solve business challenges by developing web applications to increase efficiency and effectiveness across the company for small user groups or potentially apps to be used by hundreds of users. The role will offer opportunities not only to enhance processes for the construction management business but within other departments as well, such as accounting, human resources, marketing and business development, project planning, and Building Information Modeling (BIM).
The construction business is becoming more and more high-tech, and this is your chance to contribute your skills to help us stay a market leader. This role will join a growing team of developers within the Information Technology Department. In addition to a rewarding career in construction technology, Christman offers employees competitive pay, a generous benefits program and regular training and professional development.
As a member of the application development team, your responsibilities will include performing analysis and defining functionality for system improvements and new applications. Working directly with end-users to understand their needs and to develop a design. Leading various phases of the development and maintenance of approved projects. Creating necessary documentation and/or training documents. Be willing to accept projects big or small, from multi-year projects to simply authoring custom one-off reports. Provide support and maintenance for newly developed and existing applications.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
• Work Planning : Ability to plan and prioritize individual contributions in tandem with team members to achieve high-quality, timely results. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
• Relationships : Ability to earn respect through the credibility of technological knowledge and positive approach to problem solving. Ability to develop productive relationships within the project team and with end-users.
• Communication : Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of the business challenge and to participate in collaborative problem solving. Ability to write design proposals, status reports and other related project documentation.
• Detail Orientation : Ability to successfully ensure accuracy of project functionality and documentation.
• Professionalism : Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance at all times and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
• Computer Skills : Strong computer skills, not only with development tools, but with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint). Working knowledge of project management software. Willingness to test and implement new technologies as they become available.
• Learning Orientation : Willing to pursue related educational and training opportunities for job performance improvement on an on-going basis, and to openly share knowledge and debate concepts with appropriate members of the Christman team.
Best suited candidates will possess the following characteristics:
• Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Mobile Application Development, Mobile Computing, Computer Science or related job field.
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Minimum of five years of experience in Technologies, focusing on application design and development.
• Have a passion for team-based planning and problem-solving and wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support project goals.
• Any background in the construction management field.
• Any experience or knowledge of our application development tools; Microsoft Full-Stack Developer:
• C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, Blazor, .NET Framework and .NET Core, Entity Framework.
• Microsoft SQL Server (TSQL and SSRS, plus general maintenance, operations, and security)
• Internet Information Server (IIS)
• HTML, CSS, SASS, DOM, JSON
• Typescript, React, npm, Webpack, Bootstrap
• Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code
• Git and SVN source control
• Azure web application experience a plus
The Christman family of companies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available DOE (Depends on Experience) Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Not Applicable
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying Computer Systems Analysts