Job Locations US-KY-Calhoun
Posted Date 5 hours ago (9/19/2022 2:13 PM)
Job ID 2022-12698 Category Manufacturing
At ADS, no idea is off limits, and we celebrate creativity and bold moves. For more than 50 years ADS has been manufacturing a variety of innovative and environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional materials. Headquartered in Hilliard, Ohio, we are a multi-billion dollar stormwater management company, manufacturing pipe and ancillary products. What does that mean? When it storms, we capture rain with our drain basins, convey it with pipe, store it using chambers and finally treat it with our water quality products, before safely returning water back to the environment. We handle, what we call, the entire lifecycle of a raindrop. Our products help prevent flooding, which increases quality of life for people living in large cities, suburbs, and rural towns. We also believe in creating a circular economy and are the second largest plastic recycling company in North America. We use plastic shampoo and detergent bottles to create pipe, diverting over 500 million pounds of plastic from landfills every year. ADS operates a global network of over 60 manufacturing plants and 30 distribution centers.
We have amazing stories to tell, and we need your help getting our story out there. To learn more about ADS, please visit our website at www.adspipe.com.
The Material Handler’s primary function is to maintain raw material for each line and ensuring that the proper machines and parts they need are operating correctly. Another responsibility of a Material Handler is moving and packaging palletized loads to the yard. . This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. The Material Handler reports directly to the Shift Supervisor.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Practice proper PPE compliance and maintain a safe working record and environment
• Fill out skid labels properly and place on the proper skids.
• Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries to the Plant Manager
• Practice proper forklift operation and preventive maintenance
• Provide excellent customer service; meet or exceed expectations daily
• Palletizing using the shrink wrap machine.
• Has the ability to operate mixer, loader and pump controls.
• Responsible for keeping all machinery loaded with the proper material
• Can perform routine maintenance on mixers, loaders and pumps.
• Knows all material recipes and the proper machines and parts they are used on.
• Has the ability to identify the many different types of materials.
• Understand and practice ADS CORE VALUES
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
• Must be a certified forklift operator
• Ability to work as a member of a team
• Team oriented
• Written and verbal skills
• Basic Mathematical skills
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• The employee will lift and move heavy items, which will require the ability to repeatedly lift 75 pounds to a height of 6 feet
• The employee will be working specified shifts and moving around at all times, which will require the ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 continuous hours
• Facilities can be extremely hot or cold at times, so the employee must have the ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in temperature extremes
• The employee will be handling materials daily, which requires the ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods
• The Position requires full range of body motion on a daily basis including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles
ADS supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience, and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. ADS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS