Proofs embroidered designs and prepares documents for the Sample Sew-Out operation. Works from electronic (Personalization Automated Workflow) document(s) to proof designs, based on job requirements, customer specifications, and other related job information. Operates computer and other peripheral electronic equipment to complete job assignments. Signed, Covenant Not To Compete, will be required.
Job will require participation and compliance to all policies and procedures related to ISO (quality) and VPP (Safety) policies. On an annual basis, you will be required to certify your review, understanding and compliance with the Company's Statement of Corporate Policy and Code of Conduct (the Code of Conduct) as well as the Electronic Records Retention Policy and Electronic Records Usage Guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities / See Also ISO Work Instructions for Specific Detail
• Checks size and arrangement of design, by comparing against Graphic documentation (art requirements). Notes inadequacies; poor sew quality and other issues relating to digitizing and/or poor quality.
• Enters information into computer equipment with mouse and keyboard.
• May be requested to print illustrations, copy design files, paste and/or e-mail art or embroidery files to Locations and/or Branches, or Owensboro Customer Service.
• Can copy/convert designs as required.
• Documents all issues within Personalization Automated Workflow documents.
• Notes any design requests for Registered or Trademarked designs, provides documents to Locations and Branches, to obtain authorization from customers.
• Prints, collates, and prepares paperwork for the Sample Sew-Out staff.
• All Graphic positions will require periodic review, understanding, and compliance with the UniFirst Code of Conduct.
• Communication is limited to e-mail generated from Owensboro Customer Service, General Manager, Operations Support Mgr, or Graphic Supervisor. May not correspond directly with Locations and Branches, unless authorized to do so.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) One to three years related to experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend business correspondence, and memos. Ability to write and present information to other employees of the organization. Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning and Problem Solving Ability
Ability to determine the cause of problems and determine solutions. Capable of retaining techniques/skills taught and applying those skills to the job, to assure consistency, quality and limited delays in servicing customers and staff.
A Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) and will be required of all new job applicants. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; use hands to finger; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This function is performed at a desk, generally in an office area. Job will require sitting, for 1-2 hour intervals. Occasional travel to and from the production area may be required. When working in or traveling through production areas, Employee may be exposed to moderate to loud noise. May be occasionally exposed to fumes when traveling through other work areas. Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) may be required when working in or traveling through other designated work areas. PPE requirements are posted throughout the work area. See also work instructions and/or VPP guidelines for specific safety information relating to this operation.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.