Lead Supervisor - Burkes Gateway Commons
Bealls Owensboro, KY Full-Time
Apply on company site
Nearly a century after opening our doors, Beall's Inc. continues to serve our communities with the spirit of pride and appreciation first shown by Robert M. Beall back in 1915. In 1987, with the start of the Outlet business in retail, his son E.R. Beall decided to open the first Beall's Outlet in Florida. The concept was a hit and the Outlet division has been growing ever since. Currently within the Beall's Inc. portfolio, there are over 450 Outlet stores and 70 Department Stores that cover 13 states, with sales over a billion dollars annually. The Outlet division conducts business under two different names, Beall's Outlet within Florida, Georgia and Arizona and Burke's Outlet for all other locations.
Who Are We?
We are a convenient and welcoming store where everyone can find the styles and brands they want all at lower prices. We are continually offering fresh assortments of fashion apparel, shoes, accessories and homes goods, making shopping for the family easy, affordable and rewarding.
We are the shopping solution for the entire family. More Brands! Big Savings!
We are a customer-centric, family focused organization with a relentless desire to deliver exceptional value.
We want to thrill our customers with an ever changing offering of the latest brands and fashions, in a bright and casual shopping environment, while delivering friendly and consistent customer service.
The Lead Supervisor's role is to handle all aspects of store operations, as instructed by the Outlet Store Manager. This includes, maximize the sales and profit of their retail location through leadership, sales management, talent management and execution of non-negotiable standards of operation, cost control, and asset protection, promote positive and productive teamwork among all associates.
The focus of the Lead Supervisor is to assist the Store Manager in building and sustaining a work environment staffed with engaged, high performing associates who create a thrilling consistent customer experience.
• Report directly to the Store Manager
• Extensive interaction with customers and store teams
• Interaction with District/Group Manager and Regional Directors
• Interaction with corporate personnel as necessary
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Business Planning/Operations
• Evaluate all reports to create store action plans to drive key performance indicators (KPI's) and advance results around talent, operations, merchandising, financial and customer aspects of the business.
• In the absence of the Store Manager, perform payroll related functions by utilizing Company provided tools.
• Effectively process POS transactions in an efficient and friendly manner.
• Meet or exceed credit and email goals.
• Assist Store Manager in managing all aspects of payroll management and scheduling.
• Set clear goals and expectations for associates and hold them accountable for their responsibilities and objectives.
• Develop daily, weekly and monthly action plans. Ability to organize, delegate, prioritize, meet deadlines, hold team accountable and follow up on all activities within the store in order to meet Company standards.
• Knowledgeable in current policy, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the stores within the district and the organization.
• Collaborate with Manager and Loss Prevention partner to champion shrink reduction programs and respond favorably to all shrink and safety opportunities. Establish a high level of shrink awareness to ensure all Beall's/Burkes Outlet assets are protected.
• Execution of all company specific programs, reports and processes, policies and procedures.
• Communicates effectively by being clear and concise in both oral and written communication in order to ensure effective operations.
• Working with Store Manager to network, attract and on board a diverse range of talented personnel.
• Assists Store Manager to actively manage succession planning with consistent attention to identifying, training and developing candidates.
• Directly influence talent development through effective coaching.
• Lead the training of all store personnel by using the materials provided by the Company.
• Execute all corporate Merchandising and Marketing programs to drive sales and profits are executed within store.
• Assesses store layout and individual inventory levels to merchandise in the most effective manner. Escalates any inventory level discrepancies to Store Manager.
• Ensures the proper handling of merchandise functions within the store including markdowns, shipment, sizing and recovery.
• Execute all Company stockroom functions to ensure merchandise flow is maximized.
• Greet and assist all customers.
• Deliver a consistent customer experience by gaining trust and respect with our customer.
• Maintain a culture that builds exceptional internal and external customer experiences.
• Maintains high customer readiness standards and delivers a neat, clean and easy to shop store environment.
• Builds customer loyalty through coaching and motivating store team to solicit our One Card and OCCC Program.
• Personally model a positive customer experience, ensuring the customer always takes priority.
• Holds self and team accountable to high performance standards in order to meet customer and company expectations.
LEAD SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include training staff; planning, assigning and directing work, rewarding and disciplining employees, partner with Store manager to resolve any complaints and problems within the store.
In the Managers absence, assumes responsibility of the store and team. Leadership is required in all operations of the store, such as Markdown completion, processing truck to the floor, clean and recovered store, and customer service standards.
• Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing, and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Must be able to climb a 6 ft. ladder for maintaining and presenting merchandise (if applicable).
• Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry at least 20 pounds.
• Must have full body rotation and mobility (i.e. bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of company standard software, systems and procedures.
• Skills in coaching, teaching, training, organizing, planning work assignments and delegating duties.
• Ability to work varying hours and schedules to include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation for travel to bank independently, stores, meetings etc.
• Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Asset Protection
• Customer Experience
• Customer Service
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: e6coyck
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.