Administers First Aid to injured or ill employees, proactively analyze tasks for potential safety issues,
participate in the worker's compensation process, and implement a site wellness program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide triage, first aid and/ or referral to outside medical provider, if needed.
- Maintain all records of care given to employees.
- Maintain first-aid kits, inventory supplies, restock and clean equipment used in the care of employees.
- Contact outside medical providers as needed to schedule appointments, and if needed restriction clarification, or arrange further treatment.
- Train employee volunteers in First Aid, CPR, AED, Blood Borne Pathogen training.
- Provide daily end of shift reports to the Safety and Leadership team.
- Participate in weekly Site Case Management Review meetings with HR, Risk Management and Safety.
- Provide analysis of all incidents on a monthly basis coupled and make recommendations for risk reductions on work place injuries.
- Participate in incident investigations as needed.
- Develop a return to work Physical Demands Assessments for each task.
- Participates in facilitation of random drug testing.
- Learn every job function in facility to fully understand the ergonomic risk factors.
- Frequent floor time is required to better under the needs of operations.
- 1 + years of experience as a full time EMT or Paramedic responding to emergency calls.
- Must have current and valid EMT or Paramedic Certification from the Department of Health for the state you are practicing in
- Current BLS card. ACLS/PALS per contract requirement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Full command, verbal and written, of English Language.
- Must meet all of Maxim's pre-employment screening requirements.
At Maxim Healthcare Group, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status. *CO Specific Benefits: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Health Advocacy (company paid if enrolled Medical), Health Advocate Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account , 401(k), 401(k) Company Match, Profit Sharing, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Primary Caregiver Leave, Parental Leave, Life and Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Hospital Expense Protection Plan, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Home and Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Transportation Benefits, CommonBond, Educational Assistance Program, College Partnership Program, Paid Time Off/Company Holidays
About Maxim Healthcare Group
Maxim Healthcare Group has been making a difference in the lives of our patients, caregivers, and employees for more than 30 years. Our nationwide suite of services includes home healthcare, companion and behavioral care, healthcare staffing, and workforce solutions. Maxim's commitment to customer service, compassionate patient care, and filling critical staffing needs makes us a trusted partner wherever healthcare is needed.
Maxim Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available
View what local employers are paying Emergency Medical Technicians