Maintenance Planner / Scheduler - Owensboro, KY
Sazerac Company Owensboro, KY Full-Time
Apply on company site
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blantons, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagrams V.O., Myerss, Goldschlger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
Were proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of worlds most award-winning distillery through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether youre a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
The 1st shift Maintenance Planner/Scheduler for The Glenmore Distillery in Owensboro, KY, is responsible for managing the parts inventory, equipment tracking and spare parts recording; develops the vendor managed inventory system to automate scanning and requisitioning process; works proactively with vendors to ensure competitive costs of vendor managed inventory; leads the PM scheduling effort and builds database of critical and recommended OEM PMs for entire plant operations and equipment; and supports the overall facility safety program.
• Support the overall facility safety program through excellence in project management, maintenance planning and problem identification. Ensure safety is engineered into every project, projects are carefully supervised in conjunction with Bottling Maintenance Supervisors and issues identified are addressed ASAP via maintenance work order system. Review Safety work orders and ensure appropriate priority for their work assignment and completion.
• Lead the organization for the effective execution of all maintenance work control processes to ensure at least a 95% plant uptime through support of preventative/reactive maintenance, project management, systems control and general engineering. Responsible for the efficient and effective use of planning and scheduling all resources to conduct maintenance activities which result in minimum downtime and maximum productivity. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
• Lead the PM scheduling effort and build database of critical and recommended OEM PMs for entire plant operations and equipment. Support the development of detailed PMs for Bottling/Plant operations and track completion compliance. Provide max and min stock levels for parts by equipment type to ensure availability and economy. Utilize outside resources to adequately store parts based on cost reductions at time of purchase. Work with vendors to organize and verify on-site availability of parts needed to complete work on specific projects. Create a locator system for use on all shifts.
• Lead through demonstrated professional examples, create an environment that supports self-directed work teams and productive employee relations while maintaining compliance with the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Work with manager to identify skill development needs; create and execute a plan for improving at least one skill area each year. Ensure direct reports are receiving constructive feedback on their performance and have development plans to improve at least one competency each year.
• Provide leadership in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensure employees are treated fairly and with respect. Create a team environment where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Participate in efforts to address issues identified through climate surveys and make the Company a Best Place To Work.
• Ensure competitive costs of vendor managed inventory without sacrificing quality. Manage stocking levels for parts inventory to ensure availability to eliminate downtime while maximizing savings.
• Utilize CDS to determine training needs and identify curriculum, programs and content to prepare for career opportunities within the company. Provide feedback to manager regarding on-the-job learning opportunities. Work with direct reports to determine growth potential and develop a plan for possible long term career moves.
• Minimum Associates Degree, Apprenticeship or Technical Trade School
• Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
• Ability to quickly learn new systems/processes
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Excellent oral & written communication skills
• 5 + years of relevant experience
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Demonstrate the ability to work as a team as well as self-directed
• Must be a team player
• Ability to pick up and/or move objects up to 50 pounds without assistance.
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work near moving mechanical parts
• Noise level at work station is loud (metal can manufacturing, large earth moving equipment)
• In-person job attendance
• Ability to work 8 hour shift
• Ability to work overtime if necessary
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to read and write
Type: Regular Full-Time
External Company URL: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Planner / Scheduler - Owensboro, KY
Street: 2001 East 4th Street
• Attention To Detail
• Bottling Line
• Collective Bargaining
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: efxqydl
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.