Looking for a New Career Path with more responsibility? A job where YOU can make a difference?
Do you have a background in Retail Sales, Customer Service, Car Rental/Travel, Residential Property Management or Hotel/Restaurant experience; just to name a few? Then you have found your new career! Let us develop you into an Assistant Sales Manager with the opportunity for growth within the company.
We feel like we know you already because you are:
• Team Player.
• Outgoing & Confident.
• Possess Strong Sales Skills.
• Customer Service-Oriented.
Self Storage Specialists has been the number one self-storage company in Michigan for the past 35 years. We have been expanding into Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana over the past few years. We are privately owned and operated, with a headquarters based in Farmington Hills Michigan.
Our “Assistant Sales Managers” (ASMs) are responsible for the daily operations of their facility. This person reports directly to their Property Sales Manager. ASMs are dependable, outgoing, ambitious individuals who can be self-sufficient in reaching their weekly/monthly goals. Their primary duties are leasing units, customer service, daily reconciliation of monies, and managing our accounts receivables. These individuals have strong computer skills and the ability to handle customers efficiently with the ultimate responsibility for property performance of meeting or exceeding company expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver excellent phone skills & walk-in service to all customers.
• Assist customers in determining the correct size unit for their needs.
• Show, rent, and clean storage units.
• Maintain office files.
• Accurately manage cash and balance receipts.
• Travel to bank and post office (must have own vehicle, valid driver’s license, and insurance).
• Perform light maintenance duties when needed for keeping the facility clean.
• Manage the property in a manner to contain costs of operation to maximize income.
Characteristics of an Assistant Property Sales Manager:
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
• Candidates with 1-2 years of retail/sales experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Able to handle ongoing change.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Able to lift and move 35 lbs. regularly and 50 lbs. occasionally.
• Must have a clean employment history, criminal history, and driving record.
Enjoy All the Benefits we have to offer:
• Competitive Hourly Rates, and Bonuses
• 24-32 Hours – Part-Time Employee.
• Paid Training.
• (7) Paid Holidays.
• Discounted storage unit.
• No late nights required.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER!
All applicants must undergo a background check and have reliable transportation.
Pay is commensurate to experience.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
• 8 hour shift
• What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
• Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location