Requisition ID 2022-36572 Location US-TX-Grapevine Position Type Full Time HR Rep / Recruiter Paige Cervero Contact Paige_Cervero@mednax.com
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix family and help shape the future of health care.
• Coordinates the daily activities of the clinic staff, including delegating work assignments.
• Assures that priorities established by the Practice Manager are effectively communicated to the team and properly implemented.
• Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and tracking daily statistics.
• Oversees reconciliation of daily deposit logs and preparation for bank deposits.
• Provides new hire training as well as ongoing training to assigned staff.
• Assists the team in problem resolution. Recommends solutions to the Practice Manager and escalates issues to the Practice Manager when appropriate.
• Leads the team by creating a positive work environment through individual and team recognition.
• Performs verbal counseling, recommending corrective action to the Practice Manager.
• Assists the Practice Manager in the recruiting, hiring and interviewing process of the office staff.
• Displays exceptional customer service skills in responding to all inquiries from patients, insurance carriers, outside agencies, internal departments and coworkers when appropriate.
• Serves in a supervisory capacity and performs supervisory duties in the absence of the Practice Manager as directed.
• Prepares and submits reports as required.
• Assists Medical Director with special projects and tasks as needed.
• Assumes staff duties for absences and temporary staff shortages.
• Authorizes, coordinates, and monitors daily site activities such as supply ordering, IT, maintenance issues, phones, etc.
• Responsible for monitoring the clinical team in meeting demands of patient volumes and handling complaints regarding clinical staff.
• Responsible for proactive management of physician, mid-level provider and ancillary schedules to ensure timely care of patients, appropriate daily volumes and completion of all clinical documentation in a timely fashion.
• Responsible for proactive management of coding department to ensure daily submission of properly coded fee tickets to the regional business office.
• Maintains strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations and Company policy.
• Presents a positive, professional appearance and convey a professional demeanor in the performance of assigned duties.
• Responsible for following all facility, organization and department precautions and procedures in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment for self and others.
• Completes compliance requirements as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Effective November 1 st , 2021 MEDNAX will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience Years: Minimum seven (7) years medical office experience.
Experience Industry: Healthcare.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status .
Forward to a Friend Refer
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS