PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER (#13452) Central Office ( learn more ) Daviess County School District Owensboro , Kentucky ( map )
Apply for this job!
Tell a friend
• Job ID: 4039906
• Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
• Posted : September 16, 2022
• Starting Date: Immediately
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
My Email Send Alerts
Job Class Description: PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER
Class Code: 7102
Job Title: PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER
Supervisory Responsibilities: NONE
Position Type: FULL-TIME
FLSA Classification: EXEMPT
Reports To: SUPERINTENDENT
Location: CENTRAL OFFICE
Compensation: per DCPS salary schedule
Hours Per Day: 7.5
Contracted Days: 261
· -Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or related field.
· -2 years of experience in a public relations program or department.
· -2 year of experience in a public relations program or department in an educational setting.
· -Experience in writing and editing a wide variety of public information materials and news media.
• -Principles and techniques of preparing, producing and disseminating public information
• -Principles and techniques of establishing and maintaining positive public and community relations
• -Methods and techniques of preparing and printing informational publications
• -Basic communication law and print/broadcast regulations
• -Modern office practices, procedures and equipment operations
• -Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary
• -Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
• -School district organizations, operations, policies and objectives
• -Technical aspects of field of specialty
Represent Daviess County Public Schools to the media and the community by planning, organizing and implementing public information services for the district; develop and coordinate, plan and implement public information policies and administrative procedures; communicate and coordinate activities with schools and other members of the DCPS team.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
• -Implement communication strategies that ensure accurate information is communicated clearly and succinctly to all stakeholders.
• -Support all areas of the school district in order to present a unified, coherent message to the various audiences through an integrated communication approach.
• -Effectively communicate emergency information to staff, students and parents.
• -Adhere to all DCPS Board policies, state and federal regulations.
• -Ensure the releases/communications to the media are accurate and time sensitive and build positive relationships.
• -Acts as a positive public relations representative for schools and district programs, events, and activities.
• -Work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, or beyond the regularly scheduled work day when time sensitive communications are needed by the district.
• -Prepare and distribute internal communications such as the Grapevine and DCPSFYI
• -Work with district administrators to design and publicize public relations pamphlets and documents, as needed.
• -Work with district administrators with special projects, innovations, and /or initiatives, as directed.
• -Maintain confidentiality at all times in relation to school and district information; individual students and their families.
• -Maintain an appropriate professional appearance.
• -Work with the district administrators on correspondence, reports and other tasks, as directed.
• -Work with the district personnel on content, design and appearance of the district webpage and social media platforms.
• -Represent the district as a member of community-based organization boards and committees, as directed by the Superintendent.
• -Ensure timely reporting of district and school awards and event results.
• -Assist in all areas of district operations and perform any duties assigned by the Superintendent.
• -Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations by interacting effectively with and demonstrating respect for the views, rights, and contributions of parents, teachers, and other school/district personnel.
• -Plan and organize work.
• -Meet schedules and timelines.
• -Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Location, duties, responsibilities may be altered to meet the needs of the district.
Successful completion of post-offer, pre-employment screenings are required as a contingency of employment.
Contracts are with the district of Daviess County Public Schools-not with individual locations. Location assignments are subject to change.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Support employee with year-to-year contract
• Participates in Kentucky Teacher’s Retirement System (KTRS)
• Position Type: Full-time
• Positions Available: 1
• Job Category : Administrator > Public Affairs / Relations
• No experience required
• HR Admin
• PO Box 21510
• Owensboro, Kentucky 42304
• Phone: (270) 852-7000
• Email: click here
Apply for this job!
Tell a friend
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
× Close Login OR SIGN Up