10/2/2022 (8:00 PM EDT)
Probation and Parole Officer I
Pay Grade 14
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME, ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 40.0 HR/WK
Justice & Public Safety Cabinet | Department of Corrections
Probation and Parole
121 E 2nd Street, 4th Floor
Owensboro, KY 42303 USA
Are you ready to Brave the Challenge?
If you want to make a difference in your community and be a part of an exciting team, the Department of Corrections may have a Career for you! The Department is hiring for Probation and Parole Officers who contribute to the safety of the communities and re-entry of offenders into society.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Formulate a plan with the offender for ongoing supervision.
• Prepare documentation as ordered by the Court System and Parole Board.
• Act as liaison between the offender and the enforcement officials.
• Testify in Court.
• Prepare and maintain reports and records.
• Provide supervision and counsel for offenders.
• Submit and act on arrest warrants.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Be highly motivated and self-directed.
• Able to solve problems while working with a vast array of offender issues including addiction, behavior, family, housing, and employment.
• Candidate should possess reasoning ability to solve problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor's degree.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: NONE
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: NONE
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: NONE
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): Must be 21 years of age. Will be required to carry and/or use a firearm; applicant must not be prohibited from the purchase, receipt or possession of firearms, ammunition, or both pursuant to applicable federal or state law while employed in this job classification; applicant must demonstrate competence with a firearm by successful completion of all required firearms safety training courses offered or approved by the hiring agency. Must maintain any required licensure(s), certification(s), or other credentials for the length of employment in this classification. Employing agency is responsible for ensuring employee possesses and maintains required licensure(s), certification(s) or other credentials.
Employees typically work with convicted felons which may present hazardous situations such as arresting and/or transporting violators to proper authorities.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 12 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Chip McIntyre at Chip.McIntyre@ky.gov .
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D