Yard Loader Lead
Job Locations US-KY-Calhoun
Posted Date 5 hours ago (9/15/2022 4:09 PM)
Job ID 2022-12647 Category Manufacturing
At ADS, no idea is off limits, and we celebrate creativity and bold moves. For more than 50 years ADS has been manufacturing a variety of innovative and environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional materials. Headquartered in Hilliard, Ohio, we are a multi-billion dollar stormwater management company, manufacturing pipe and ancillary products. What does that mean? When it storms, we capture rain with our drain basins, convey it with pipe, store it using chambers and finally treat it with our water quality products, before safely returning water back to the environment. We handle, what we call, the entire lifecycle of a raindrop. Our products help prevent flooding, which increases quality of life for people living in large cities, suburbs, and rural towns. We also believe in creating a circular economy and are the second largest plastic recycling company in North America. We use plastic shampoo and detergent bottles to create pipe, diverting over 500 million pounds of plastic from landfills every year. ADS operates a global network of over 60 manufacturing plants and 30 distribution centers.
We have amazing stories to tell, and we need your help getting our story out there. To learn more about ADS, please visit our website at www.adspipe.com.
A Yard Lead is responsible for performing and directing other yard personnel in the safe and accurate daily work activities involving the shipping, receiving and handling of product. A Yard Lead will interact with drivers and customers and should represent ADS in a friendly and courteous manner at all times. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required and reports directly to the Yard Supervisor and/or Yard Manager.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Direct daily work activities of yard personnel
• Practice proper PPE compliance and maintain a safe working record and environment
• Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries to on-site Supervisor or Yard Mgr.
• Use MRP system to check inventory o Conduct cycle-counts
• Fulfill LTL shipments as required
• Ensure compliance of company policies and procedures, reporting violations to on-site Supervisor or Yard Mgr.
• Practice proper forklift and yard vehicle operation and preventive maintenance o Finished Goods quality inspections
• Maintain yard housekeeping, organization and layout o Promote good customer service
• Maintain and build job skills through company training programs o Confirmation of customer orders (ASN)
• Load and unload all deliveries utilizing a forklift or physical labor
• Minimization of loading errors o Maintain paperwork and product transfers
• Management of CPU’s and RMA’s
• Understand and practice ADS Core Values
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
• Leadership, professionalism, organizational and communication skills o Knowledge of local shipping regulations
• Basic Computer Skills
• Knowledge of all ADS products o Familiarity with AG & resale products
• Receiving procedures o Basic mathematical skills
• Basic Inventory Management o Forklift & OTR vehicle driving skills
• Familiarity with BOM products
High School Diploma or equivalent
2 - 3 years experience as Yard Loader o Previous customer service and/or warehouse experience
• Ability to lift 75 pounds to a height of 6 feet o Ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 continuous hours
• Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in temperature extremes
• Ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods
• Position requires full range of body motion including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles
ADS supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience, and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. ADS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS