For 150 years, Kimberly-Clark has challenged conventional wisdom to reimagine how we can better serve our consumers and impact the world around us. We invented new product categories and built an $18+ billion global business with top brands such as Kleenex®, Scott®, Huggies® and U by Kotex®.
If original thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come unleash your power at Kimberly-Clark -home to original brands, and original thinkers like you.
Job Role: Electrical Engineering Co-Op
Location: Various locations throughout United States (relocation assistance may be provided)
Role Terms: Spring/Summer (Full-Time January - August 2023), Summer/Fall (Full-Time May - December 2023) or Fall (Full-Time August - December 2023) in either instance, this is a cooperative education program so you would be required to take off from school during the duration of the co-op term.
Additional Information: Must have permanent right to work in the United States both now and in the future.
Electrical Engineering Co-ops typically will experience the problem analysis, design, installation, and start-up phases for our projects. Our co-ops have an opportunity to apply their technical training in an industrial environment or working with automated manufacturing control equipment. This equipment includes programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), analog and digital motor controllers, and discrete control hardware. Our students develop a broad understanding of electrical engineering practices necessary to support high speed automated manufacturing process. Opportunities exist in research offices, manufacturing facilities, and within various business groups.
Produce detail for design and development assignments. Develop knowledge and skills of/for engineering detail. Carry out job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintain security and documentation. Assist in development of solutions and alternatives to assigned problems/opportunities. Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected. Strong oral and written communication skills are imperative. Understanding of basic statistics and computer usage experience is desirable.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- General electrical equipment/systems/controls
- Routine drafting and design
- Problem solving methodology
- Assimilate and understand technical information
- Engineering work systems: computers, CAD
- Field Experience
- Systems: machine, electrical, process
- Corporation policies and procedures
- Role of other K-C functions/interactions
- Design communications
- K-C design standards
- Electrical Lineshaft Integration / Motion Control
- Process Control (Analog and Digital)
- Temperature / Pressure Control
- Production Reporting / MES / SAP
- Operator Interfaces
- Product Inspection
- GPA: 3.0 cumulative or higher
- Completion of 1-1/2 years of college courses
- Applicants must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. on a regular, full-time basis
- Kimberly-Clark does not offer employment to holders of F-1, J-1, or H-1 visas for the purpose of obtaining practical experience
- Previous Co-op/Intern experience is a plus