Ability to believe in our customer centered culture to deliver a superior customer service experience.
The Assistant Store Manager assists with the daily operations of the store and carries store keys to perform opening and closing responsibilities.
• Demonstrates Total Customer Service Standards and leads by example.
• Follows Loss Prevention guidelines to deter theft and manage mismates.
• Manages daily responsibilities including sales and operational plans, store and department standards, and safety and loss prevention guidelines.
• Supervises associates and delegates tasks to ensure productivity, assists in conflict resolution, coordinates meals/breaks, and shares department successes and opportunities.
• Assists with timely administration of progressive discipline, interviews, timecard punch edits, report review, and communication.
• Ensures all claims of harassment and discrimination are immediately reported.
• Processes weekly truck shipments by unloading, scanning, detailing case contents, and supervising product placement.
• Assists in floor moves, merchandising, pricing, promotional displays and store housekeeping to ensure execution of company direction.
• Trains associates to ensure consistent application of standards, product placement and/or cash handling to include collecting payments, and processing returns and exchanges.
• Provides overrides, performs safe and till counts, and reconciles cash settlements.
• 3-5 years of retail sales or customer service experience.
• Previous supervisory experience required; preferably in retail environment.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Excellent active listening skills.
• Excellent sales and customer service skills.
• Ability to execute the concept by understanding and applying report(s) information.
• Ability to successfully complete Key Carrier Certification exam within 60 days of hire or prior to promotion.
• Ability to manage, train, and mentor associates to assure company standards and processes are understood.
• Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible associates highly competitive benefits, including the following:
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Time)
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Life, Disability, and Voluntary Benefits
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Employee & Family Discounts
• Relocation Opportunities
Report this job