Perdue AgriBusiness is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. An international agricultural products and services company, we handle agricultural commodities and have a diverse portfolio of products and businesses.
Perdue AgriBusiness has opportunities for Grain Operators at our facility located in Livermore, KY .
This position is responsible for performing a variety of duties supporting grain operations. Day and Night shifts are available.
Perdue AgriBusiness offers competitive wages and benefit packages to full-time, regular positions.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Operates equipment and maintains facilities involved in the handling, storage and drying of grain and other products
• Maintains proper set-up, inspection and calibration of grain testing and weighing equipment per requirements and procedures
• Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment within the facility
• Obtains, prepares, tests and grade grain samples from inbound and outbound shipments
• Responds to customers regarding account information
• Provides weighing of inbound and outbound grain shipments per requirements and procedures
• Performs all work within the safety and environmental guidelines established by local, state, and federal agencies and company policies
• High School or equivalent
• 0 -2 years of related experience
• Reading, writing and analytical skills
• Basic understanding of standard computer applications
Farming experience and experience operating equipment are a plus; not required
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
• Able to move freely throughout the agribusiness facilities including climbing vertical heights (0 -150'), carrying tools and equipment (0-50 lbs.), exposure temperatures (0-100) degrees Fahrenheit, humidity (0-100%), noise (50db to 100db) and chemicals (MSDS sheets available)
• Must be able to wear protective equipment to include self-contained breathing apparatus
• Required to travel to remote agribusiness facilities and customer locations
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.