Health Equity Consultant - Telecommute in Louisville, KY
UnitedHealth Group Work from Home/Remote Full-Time
Apply on company site
Job Details Company Overview
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in Louisville, KY you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
• In close coordination with Clinical Health Plan staff and National SDoH Team, oversee the plan’s strategic design, implementation, and evaluation of health equity efforts in the context of the plan’s population health initiatives
• Inform decision-making around best payer practices related to disparity reductions, including the provision of health equity and social determinants of health resources and research to the leadership and programmatic areas
• Collaborate with the plan’s Data Analyst and national teams to ensure the plan collects and meaningfully uses race, ethnicity and language data to identify disparities
• Coordinate and collaborate with members, providers, local and state government, community-based organizations, and other contracted managed care entities to impact health disparities at a population level
• Ensure that efforts addressed at improving health equity, reducing disparities, and improving cultural competence are designed collaboratively with other DMS-contracted managed care entities to have a collective impact for the population and that lessons learned are incorporated into future decision-making
• Provides visionary leadership and contributes to the successful advancement of culture, health equity and social responsibility principles. Responsible for being a champion of culture, cultivating innovation, being resilient, and inspiring others
• Demonstrates organizational agility and understands how the business operates and can identify and interpret business levers to advance SDoH initiatives.
• Develops and deploys a Culture & Health Equity success profile, and a transfer of competence skill and competency building model to equip people to make a positive impact on Culture & Health Equity
• Drives engagement and identifies and seeks opportunities to celebrate and communicate Culture, Health Equity and Social Responsibility to enable active change agents throughout the organization, especially within the care delivery organizations
• Project management of Social Determinants of Health program and DMS requirements.
• Partner with HP Quality team in the development and facilitation of NCQA Health Equity Accreditation requirements for the health plan.
• Understand the goals of Kentucky regulators including DMS related to health equity and create programs to meet these goals; educate Health Plan staff on these goals and initiatives
This position will travel up to 20% of the time, throughout the state of Kentucky.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
• BA/BS degree in Business/Healthcare Administration, Public Health or related field
• 5+ years of professional work experience in public health, social/human services, social work, public policy, healthcare, education, community development, or justice
• 2+ years of experience leading and developing broad scale organizational/enterprise diversity, inclusion and equity, and/or community engagement strategies
• 2+ years of experience addressing health disparity and/or health equity concerns
• 2+ years of experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
• 2+ years of demonstrated community and stakeholder engagement experience
• Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams and projects
• Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
• Intermediate to advanced problem solving and analytical skills
• Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Master’s in Business/Healthcare Administration, Public Health or related field
• Experience working with Medicaid and/or Medicare programs
• Experience working in a matrix environment
• Experience working with and influencing all levels of employees; inspiring others to engage, participate and act
• Experience in actively applying or overseeing the application of science-based quality improvement methods to reduce health disparities
• Proven track record of effectively resolving issues, mitigating risks and influencing leaders
• Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
• Change Management
• Clinical Works
• Coaching And Mentoring
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: 2115419
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.