56 - Owensboro - Owensboro, KY
About Thompson Industrial
We expect a lot…we offer a lot.
Thompson Industrial Services is a proven leader in the industrial cleaning business (water blasting/vacuuming). We have offices in SC, NC, GA, FL, TN, KY, AL, PA, LA and VA. We offer the broadest line of industrial cleaning services in the southeast - with equipment, technology and personnel to deliver on what we promise. Few companies can match our expertise, experience and diversity.
At Thompson we seek the best candidates for our career opportunities. We are seeking highly qualified and motivated employees to help continue and build on our success. For those who join the Thompson family we offer excellent benefits along with many opportunities for training and career development.
We offer a broad range of services to a diverse array of companies and industries as automotive, pharmaceutical, chemical, plastics, power plants, food processing, mining, pulp and paper, steel, and petrochemical.
JOB SCOPE / PURPOSE:
A crew leader is responsible for leading a small or large group of individuals to complete jobs safety, efficiently, and effectively to meet customer needs. This position is responsible for enforcing safety policies and procedures while maintaining the day-to-day operations as it relates to equipment and business needs. This position is responsible for developing and training employees to be effective within their roles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support a crew to complete a particular job within a customer site
• Report any quality issues to the appropriate leadership
• Ensure the team has all required PPE and equipment prior to beginning the job
• Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately and thoroughly such as safety forms and time sheets
• Travel to support other divisions by leading a crew
• May lead multiple crews depending on job scope and business needs
• Ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed by the crew
• Perform necessary work within the division to prepare equipment and tools for upcoming jobs
• Check and monitor all equipment during jobs to ensure a safe work environment
• Communicate changes and job status updates with local leadership and customer representative within area of responsibility
• Train, mentor, and monitor new and existing employees
• Act in a way that is professional and representative of Thompson Industrial Service, LLC at all times
• Tools, equipment, machinery used: Large industrial cleaning equipment and materials, large industrial vehicles, and computers and basic computer systems (Word, Excel, etc).
• Working conditions: Normal office environment (on-site and off-site locations), outside work, extreme temperatures, noisy conditions, shift work, flexible schedules, on-call hours, 24/7 availability.
• Physical effort required: Some heavy lifting, working with large machinery, confined spaces, and heights.
• Travel required: Overnight travel will be required for this position.
• Ability to communicate and lead effectively
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 3-5 years industrial cleaning experience required
• Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record