56 - Owensboro - Owensboro, KY
About Thompson Industrial
• 30 hour guarantee for CDL Operators with active driving status!
• Paid training and orientation - NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED
• Competitive Pay Scale (with hour guarantee )
• Benefits Package (health, dental, vision, life, disability, etc) start at 30 days!
• 401(k) with matching
• Uncompromised commitment to safety!
• Referral bonuses
• Paid weekly
We expect a lot…we offer a lot.
Thompson Industrial Services is a proven leader in the industrial cleaning business (water blasting/vacuuming). We have offices in SC, NC, GA, FL, TN, KY, AL, PA, LA and VA. We offer the broadest line of industrial cleaning services in the southeast - with equipment, technology and personnel to deliver on what we promise. Few companies can match our expertise, experience and diversity.
At Thompson we seek the best candidates for our career opportunities. We are seeking highly qualified and motivated employees to help continue and build on our success. For those who join the Thompson family we offer excellent benefits along with many opportunities for training and career development.
We offer a broad range of services to a diverse array of companies and industries as automotive, pharmaceutical, chemical, plastics, power plants, food processing, mining, pulp and paper, steel, and petrochemical.
JOB SCOPE / PURPOSE:
The Vac Truck Operator is to safely operate extremely high pressured water-blast units to clean customer systems (pipes, boilers, tanks, etc.), operate industrial vacuum units and safely drive Thompson Industrial Services trucks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Basic knowledge and ability to operate high-pressured water-blaster and vacuum equipment.
• Properly prepares equipment and worksite on a daily basis.
• Ensures that assigned tasks are performed safely with the highest level of quality.
• Effectively communicate with Front Line Supervisors on area such as safety, quality and integrity.
• Tools, equipment, machinery used: Large industrial cleaning equipment and materials, large industrial vehicles.
• May periodically use computers for training purposes.
• Working conditions: outside work, extreme temperatures, noisy conditions, shift work, flexible schedules, on-call hours, 24/7 availability.
• Physical effort required: Heavy lifting, working with large machinery, confined spaces, and heights.
• Travel required: Regular overnight travel will be required for this position.
• Able to read and write-no high school diploma required.
• Able to pass drug tests (pre-employment, random, and annual).
• Valid driver’s license required.
• CDL driver’s license preferred.
• Able to physically control industrial hydro blasting and vacuum equipment.
• Able to carry industrial hoses (up to 60 lbs.) up and down multiple flights of stairs.
• Must be able and not afraid to enter confined spaces through a man hole.
• Must not be afraid of heights.
• Must be safety conscious and have good work ethics.
• Basic mechanical skills preferred.
• Ability to respond for assignments within 1 hour.
• Must have telephone access and able to be reached at all times.
• Must complete all pre and post training including safety, new hire, and regulatory.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Holidays, Vacation, 401K, Life.