Owensboro, KY 42303
$14 an hour
Read what people are saying about working here.
Pulled from the full job description
Can you be a real, true friend? Is it your nature to be open, listen deeply, know your heart, respond genuinely, and care as only a real friend cares? If so, we want to meet you.
Cedarhurst, a regional healthcare provider and true friend of older adults, seeks a service-minded, career-oriented individual to join our team as a Resident Assistant at our Cedarhurst of Owensboro community.
As a Resident Assistant you will impact the lives of our residents by –
• Assist and provide direction to residents regarding their personal care needs, which include but are not limited to, grooming, hygiene, dressing, nutrition, etc.
• Promote the physical, personal, and emotional well-being of each resident
• Work with the nursing and care staff teams to strive to reach the ultimate goal, which is to return the resident to their maximum level of self-care and independence, when possible
To become a Resident Assistant, you will need –
• Must possess a genuine passion and in interest in caring for seniors and individuals with dementia.
• Physically able to assist residents with their daily living and care needs – must be able to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 200lbs with assistance.
• Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which includes, but is not limited to seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling.
• Comply with all personnel policies, community policies & procedures, as well as State & Federal regulations and standards.
• Ability to work well with others and take direction from management, as well as take initiative – willing to go above and beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are comfortable in their living environment.
• Conduct oneself in a professional & caring manner and encourage others to do so as well.
• Dependable and able to meet scheduling requirements with no restrictions.
• Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding senior living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
When considering a career with Cedarhurst , please understand that –
• Our core values describe our expectation that every team member will be Passionate, Trustworthy, Empathetic, Positive, Respectful and Approachable – and in every way a real, true friend of those we serve.
• To be a Cedarhurst team member means you’re devoted to doing The Friend’s Work: In your every effort, you reassure, energize, and inspire older adults in Cedarhurst.
• Cedarhurst believes that its team is its greatest asset. For this reason, we provide our team members with extensive training as well as personal and career development opportunities.
• Cedarhurst believes in promoting from within. We seek team members who wish to grow with us.
• Cedarhurst offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage, life insurance, long-term disability coverage and a 401(k) Plan with company match (after 1 year of service).
• Cedarhurst considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory COVID-19 vaccine program, participating in testing requirements (COVID-19 and TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Salary Range: $14 / hour
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Hiring Insights Job activity Posted 2 days ago