State: KY City: Owensboro Area of Interest: Agronomy Full-Time or Part-Time: Full-time Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non-exempt Employment Status: Seasonal Job Title Agronomy Intern- Summer 2023 Req # 10510 Location Owensboro Agronomy Plant-78112 Area of Interest Agronomy Full-Time/Part-Time Full-time Regular/Seasonal Seasonal Job Description
Are you interested in joining an industry leader who is passionate about growth? At Southern States Cooperative (A Farmer Owned Cooperative since 1923); we are focused on helping our employees and our customers grow, by being the very best at offering challenging and rewarding career opportunities to our employees and providing superior products, services and growing solutions for our valued customers. We want to hear from you, so come grow with us!!! Southern States' Summer Internship Program is for college students and gives students an opportunity to experience and contribute to our overall success. Students must maintain a GPA of 2.50/4.00 or above and be currently enrolled and attending a college or university. The program offers competitive pay and will extend for 10-12 consecutive weeks 40 hours per week. To apply, please visit the careers section of our website at www.southernstates.com
In partnership with our Cooperative Member, Growmark, you will be required to participate at an Intern Kick-Off Event, Regional Conference and develop/present your Internship Project at the conclusion of your summer internship. Travel will be required for all events.
As an Agronomy Intern, you will have the opportunity for learning and engaging in various functional areas within the Agronomy field. Position will serve in various capacities within each functional area which will allow for on-the-job- training. The program allows the opportunity to develop specialized knowledge, skills, and operational experience for the intern while assisting the location in meeting its operations objectives.
How you will impact Southern States Coo perative:
If you enjoy being outside and are interested in gaining hands-on Agronomy experience, then we can't wait to talk to you! We are looking for an Agronomy Intern that is eager to go above and beyond helping our customers. A few areas of emphasis include:
• Hands-on experience in agronomy field and operations.
• Assist with facility and equipment maintenance and repair.
• Visit Southern States locations and customers building professional relationships.
• Operate field research and crop monitoring equipment and technology for scouting.
• Apply crop nutrition and crop protection products.
• Gain understanding and experience with ordering, receiving, and inventory control.
● Requires good written, oral and interpersonal skills
• Must be in good academic standing
● Excellent customer service
● Must be team oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
● Computer skills required
● Able to use iPhone and iPad technology including the use of mobile applications
● Must have valid driver's license and be 19 years old to drive company vehicles
● Requires lifting up to 50 pounds
● May require climbing, stooping, bending and crawling on a frequent basis
● Possible contact with hazardous chemicals and working in adverse weather conditions (rain, snow, cold, heat)
Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 50 pounds. Vision, hearing and speech essential. Hand coordination to use computer. May require a valid drivers license. While traveling may have contact with hazardous materials and drive/travel and work in adverse weather conditions.
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.