Job Title FLEET CAPTAIN
Location Country United States
State KY - Kentucky
Job Description At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com .
Fleet Captain - ARTCo - Rockport, IN
This is a part-time, non-exempt level position
• ADM is seeking a licensed mariner to Captain and supervise a tug boat at our American River Transportation Company (ARTCo) fleeting location in Rockport, IN.
Job Responsibilities: • Suprvises the day-to-day safe and efficient operations of the vessel under the direction of the Vessel Manager
• Responsible for up-keeping regular vessel housekeeping, maintenance and engineering and reporting any deficiencies
• Supervises vessel staff and, under the direction of the vessel manager, participates in communicating areas of accountability and performance expectation; conducting employee evaluations and recommends promotions, transfers and disciplinary action; and employee training
• Complete required vessel reports in compliance with environmental, safety and USCG regulations and report all problems or damage
• Maintain fleet security operations and serve as the vessel security officer
• Fulfill the responsibilities of a Person in Charge of a fuel transfer
• Ensure that crew-members report all injuries, illnesses, and near misses in a timely manner, and review all reports to make sure that they are completed properly, and in full
• Coordinate fleet work and dock switches with other ARTCO tugs and direct tugs, as needed
• Additional duties and responsibilities as required or requested
Job Requirements: • Maintain a valid USCG Master of Towing Vessels Upon the Western Rivers License
• Promote the ADM Way and core Values
• Ability to manage a diverse team
• Able to communicate with all levels of the organization
• Must have a demonstrated history of safe work behavior and a sincere desire to follow and improve upon safety policies and procedures
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Outlook, and Word
• Problem solving and conflict resolution
• Critical and creative thinking
• Demonstrate time management and organization skills
• Ability to coach, mentor, engage and develop workforce
• Participate and lead strategic discussions and decisions
• Complete trainings and attend meetings as required
• Ability to work extended hours, evenings, weekends and Holidays
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work
• Current Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card required. If you do not have a TWIC card upon hire, you must apply for one within 5 days.
• Previous Captain experience preferred
Physical Requirements: • Candidates must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screening and Company human performance exam (physical ability test)
• Ability to safely steer a vessel
• Ability to work indoors and outdoors and in varying conditions such as hot, cold, dusty, etc.
• Standing and sitting for prolonged periods of time
• Operating a keyboard
• Kneeling and climbing stairs/ladders
• Ability to work near or on large bodies of water, at various heights and in confined spaces
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical/respirator questionnaire and a background check.
EEO ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
Requisition ID 53290BR