Pay Type Salaried State: IN City: Evansville Area of Interest: Manufacturing Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt Requisition Number 1847 Job Title ZYN Manufacturing Department Manager I - 3rd shift Job Description
Swedish Match North America LLC, develops, manufactures, and sells quality products with market leading brands such as ZYN nicotine pouches and other smokeless tobacco products. Our vision is “ A world without cigarettes ,” and our mission is to provide adult consumers with alternatives that are enjoyable, but have a lower risk than smoking. We are one of the fastest growing consumer-packaged goods (CPG) producers and ZYN is the number one selling nicotine pouch in the US. In order to continually promote and create innovative products that support our vision we are currently seeking a ZYN Manufacturing Department Manager I (3rd shift) for the Owensboro, KY facility.
• Analyze area of responsibility and make recommendations for best utilization of equipment, labor and material.
• Directs, motivates and coordinates the activities of all assigned employees to assure maximum productivity and the attainment of departmental goals.
• Attain production schedule with a minimum of direct and indirect labor and a maximum of machine utilization.
• Assure that employees are properly instructed and trained for their work and that safe working habits are established and maintained.
• Maintain inventory and safe storage of all finished goods located in his/her area of responsibility. Establishing efficient practices in the storage of all materials.
• Promote and maintain good attendance and good employee relations.
• Serves as Step #1 in the grievance process for the department.
• Maintains complete and accurate knowledge of contractual obligations with the Union and conducts manufacturing operations with proper regard for Union relations and their impact on business.
• Continually seeks to lower the cost of operations while maintaining the quality of the product.
• Utilize new technology and proven systems to decrease process variation and enhance departmental performance.
• Responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of all areas under his/her control.
• Coordinates product movement with other departments as required.
Additional responsibilities for Managers in Receiving:
• Project raw tobacco usage for product blends and ensure that an adequate quantity is available when needed.
• Responsible for plant-wide project work including grounds maintenance, snow removal, off-site equipment and material storage, furniture moving and other projects requiring the use of available physical labor, as directed.
Additional responsibilities for Managers assigned as Relief:
• Study the responsibilities of all Department Managers in the Loose Leaf, Shipping and Receiving Departments and maintain an adequate level of expertise in those areas to relieve for various periods of time, as required.
• Assume responsibility for the operation of any department to which assigned because of the temporary absence of the Department Manager or Supervisor.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years supervisory or Swedish Match process experience in Shipping or Receiving areas. Minimum five years for other manufacturing areas.
Skill/Knowledge: Ability to coordinate several different operations concurrently. Effectively supervise a large number of hourly employees. Must completely understand the current labor contract.
Other: Must be able to take direct action. Must be able to plan actions and establish priorities. Must be able to work 8:00pm - 4:00am or 9:30pm - 6:30am as well as additional hours/shifts if occasionally required.
Benefits for New Hires:
Swedish Match offers competitive salaries, flexible benefits program, medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, paid bonding leave, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, matching 401(k), profit sharing, paid vacation, 12 paid holidays...and more!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet