Pay Type Salaried State: IN City: Evansville Area of Interest: Purchasing Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt Requisition Number 1848 Job Title Commodity Manager II - Purchasing Job Description
Swedish Match North America LLC, develops, manufactures, and sells quality products with market leading brands such as ZYN nicotine pouches and other smokeless tobacco products. Our vision is “ A world without cigarettes ,” and our mission is to provide adult consumers with alternatives that are enjoyable, but have a lower risk than smoking. We are one of the fastest growing consumer-packaged goods (CPG) producers and ZYN is the number one selling nicotine pouch in the US. In order to continually promote and create innovative products that support our vision we are currently seeking a Commodity Manager II - Purchasing for the Owensboro, KY facility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for strategic procurement of assigned commodities, as well as utilizing expertise of subject area and analysis of market conditions to negotiate and execute purchase agreements and contracts for Swedish Match.
• Develops subject matter expertise in the commodity area for which responsible.
• Maintains knowledge of current suppliers and continually researches options for alternative suppliers for commodity areas.
• Sets purchasing objectives and ensures understanding of approved objectives by those involved in the commodity area procurement process.
• Employs state of the art sourcing tools and applies necessary negotiation skills in locating and selecting qualified suppliers.
• Ensures adherence to competitive bidding guidelines to ensure obtaining the most cost-efficient product.
• Manages projects to initiate and accomplish strategies and cost improvements for the commodities.
• Assists with development of annual budgets as required by commodities for which responsible.
• Facilitates Supplier Relationship Management through the supplier selection and supplier evaluation processes, utilizing global standards and local ISO requirements.
• Monitors commodity areas and suppliers to ensure quality is maintained or improved for all areas of responsibility.
• Establishes and maintains records of currently approved and potential suppliers.
• Supervises and manages Buyers as required.
• Researches and remains up-to date on all OSHA, FDA, and other regulatory agencies in the areas of ingredients, materials, and supplies and ensures compliance.
Education: College degree with concentration in Business, Economics or Accounting. Professional certification as C.P.M. or C.P.P. is preferred.
Experience: Five to seven years of experience in procurement with responsibility for items representing a significant portion of total operating costs.
Skill/Knowledge: Demonstrated above average ability to negotiate with vendors. Strong analytical and computer skills. Must be able to make recommendations to management and execute directives. Should be thoroughly familiar with our finished goods products and the specifications of the items and methods necessary to produce them. Must be completely honest and trustworthy.
Benefits for New Hires:
Swedish Match offers competitive salaries, flexible benefits program, medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, paid bonding leave, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, matching 401(k), paid vacation, 12 paid holidays...and more!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet