Athens, GA 30601 US (Primary)
Date Needed By
Review, process and file vendor invoices on a timely basis. Maintain capital spending logs. Enter daily production into ProTraQ. Provide support to Plant Controller regarding hourly payroll processing, item maintenance and inventory cycle counts. Other duties assigned as needed.
• Process vendor invoices for payment via 3 way match processing and direct entry. Verify appropriate approvals.
• Coordinate and process periodic cycle counts on manufacturing related inventory and fixed assets.
• Maintain capital spending log with invoice copies.
• Prepare month end accrual journal entries, as needed, to ensure that expenses are posted to the appropriate period.
• Track utility usage and expense, other duties as assigned.
• Accounts Payable in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Experience with integrated systems. Excellent organizational skills. Intermediate Excel level.
• Some college accounting courses preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum 1 years’ experience working with A/P.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Office applications. Excellent keyboarding skills.
• Minimum one (1) to three (3) years related experience.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.