Develop and manage the execution of multiple complex, high value capital investment projects so as to maintain budget, schedule, safety record, and project quality.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Project Development and Management:
• Establish and control project scopes, budgets, and schedules
• Function within a technical, multi-discipline capacity to deliver capital investments to the organization in accordance with established capital management processes
• Develop project concepts which satisfy business and client needs
• Serves as the owner’s representative from concept through commissioning and qualification
• Apply engineering knowledge to projects to lead project teams, increase efficiency, reduce waste, and resolve operational issues
• Engage AE support when required and lead development of detail design for all disciplines including but not limited to civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, controls, and fire protection
• Develop cost optimized Project Definitions and obtain stakeholder approvals and buy-in
• Prepare Capital Project Authorization (CPA) funding requests
• Develop design, construction, and equipment Request for Proposals and select qualified, best value bidders with proven safety records for work
• Administer contracts and manage external resources as required
• Execute multiple, complex, simultaneous projects to fulfill project definition requirements whose range may be up to 7 figures
• Provide contractor oversight to ensure safe construction work sites
• Close projects on schedule, at or below budget, and to a high quality standard with completion of all deliverables including commissioning & qualification reports, turnover of manuals & spare parts, and technician training
• Conduct routine project core team and steering committee meetings and provide regular progress updates summarizing the status of projects
• Demonstrate a visible & tangible commitment to HSE, Lean Principles, and the Boehringer-Ingelheim Values in all work related activities
• In addition to the above, other assigned duties & projects deemed appropriate within the position scope
• Project Controlling and General Administrative Support:
• Maintain Engineering Dashboard, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and Project Portfolio Management (PPM) data related to schedules, deliverables, budgets, spending, and approvals
• Manage and update project schedules in Microsoft Project
• Monitor and control project spending versus CPA budgets
• Coordinate contractor access to facilities and manage contractor badges and HSE training
• Generate, revise, distribute, and archive project documents
• Create requisitions and process contractor invoices
• Perform basic office work including printing, copying, scanning, and filing
• Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in construction-related engineering (engineering management, civil, mechanical, etc...) or hard science (chemistry, biology, etc…) or related field required
• Masters degree from an accredited institution in Engineering/Project Management or Business Administration or currently pursuing preferred
• Requires five-plus (5+) years of experience of relevant experience in construction-oriented project management; Five (5) years in the biopharma industry preferred
• PMP, EIT, or strong desire to pursue preferred
• Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred
• Strong organization, leadership, communication skills, presentation and negotiation skills
• Strong team orientation and ability to work cross functionally with various groups such as Safety, Quality, Maintenance, Purchasing, Industrial Development, R&D, and Manufacturing
• Ability to execute multi-discipline assignments and ability to master new skills quickly
• Required to have detailed knowledge and experience in managing construction projects.
• Requires strong background in managing facilities construction projects and teams.
• Needs background in engineering.
• Experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities:
• Experience with cGMP compliance and related quality systems
• Experience with Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies
• Working knowledge of the current editions of following references:
• USDA – Manual 242.1 – ARS Facilities Design Standards
• CDC / NIH – Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL)
• NRC – Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
• Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.