Customer Service Representative
Rocky Mount, VA 24151, USA Req #4718
Friday, August 5, 2022
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The Customer Service Representative will provide administrative and customer service support to our clients, internal employees, and outside vendors. The Customer Service Representative coordinate’s the movement of freight via all modes of transportation.
• Will be required to perform data entry tasks.
• Will maintain accurate information and data to be used by clients, other employees, and vendors.
• Receive orders from client and other Cardinal departments.
• Assist others in coordinating movement of goods from shipper to destination within parameters required by customer.
• Confirming carriers are legally permitted to transport freight, commodity, weight, and dimensions.
• Notifying customer if shipment requirements are not be able to be met, if there is an issue with any portion of the shipment affecting pick up or delivery or any other incidents in transit negatively impacting the performance requirements of shipment.
• Work with other staff members to make decisions based on best course of action and circumstances on a shipment by shipment basis maintain service standards, profitability, and fairness to customers and to vendors.
• Providing customers and vendors with actual pertinent shipment detail, i.e. location of the drivers, expected ETA’s, etc.; relaying information in a clear, concise, and accurate manner at all times.
• Maintaining a constant sense of urgency moving freight without sacrificing accuracy for speed.
• As a Cardinal Logistics representative, create a pleasant atmosphere for employees, customers, carriers, and other vendors-making Cardinal Logistics an easy, pleasurable company to do business with.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Three months to one year of experience within the industry.
• Must have thorough knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to adapt to our other operating systems.
• Heavy phone work will be required along with faxes and e-mails.
• Ability to communicate effectively via telephone, fax, and e-mail.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, verbal, and written.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• Pay Type Hourly
• Required Education High School
• Rocky Mount, VA 24151, USA
Share this job: