JOB TITLE: 5 Hour School Nutrition Worker
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Cafeteria Manager
The position is responsible for the preparation and service of school meals and sanitation of the meal preparation and service areas. The position works 184 days per year, coinciding with the school instructional calendar.
This is medium work requiring the exertion of 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, and repetitive motions; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required use of measuring devices, operation of machines, and determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work; the worker is subject to extreme heat, noise, hazards, and atmospheric conditions.
• Preparing, cooking and serving meats, breads, vegetables and other food in accordance with the menu. Prepares and serves fruits, desserts, salads, soups and other foods;
• May be assigned to one specific food preparation area or rotated through the full range of food services;
• Washes pots, pans, kettles and other cooking utensils;
• Operates dishwasher, mixer, chopper, slicer, steamers, ovens and other food service and mechanical equipment; cleans work surfaces, food preparation and service areas;
• Sweeps and mops and performs other clean-up duties as assigned;
• Assists in estimating and ordering food supplies;
• Receives and stocks food supplies; Maintains sanitary conditions; may serve as cashier,
• Performs related tasks as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a High School diploma and some experience in food preparation in large quantities.
Position will be posted until filled.
HENRY COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Primary Location Bassett High School Salary Range $11,563.00 / Per Year Shift Type Part-Time