Field Technician Cable & Fiber
Grapevine, TX 76051
Read what people are saying about working here.
Pulled from the full job description
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Show 3 more benefits
Full Job Description
We are seeking an experienced full-time Field Technician for NEP Integrated Solutions. This person’s primary responsibility will be for supporting events / projects by providing onsite installation, service, and support of broadcast equipment and infrastructure. The Field Technician works closely with key partners throughout each project including onsite customers, integrators, broadcast clients, and NEP Integrated Solutions Engineering. In this role you will be involved in some of the biggest broadcasting/sporting events in the world.
This position requires frequent travel at a minimum of 50%. Schedule can vary to include overtime as projects require. While remote in nature, this position is based out of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
Key duties include:
Onsite installation / equipment set up
• Advanced testing and troubleshooting for both copper and optical fiber installations
• Evaluate numerous specific applications of ICT cable installation
• Recommend best practices based on applicable codes and standards
• Perform retrofits and upgrades to existing infrastructure
5 years or more working as a Field Technician in a similar role
• Knowledge of BNC, RJ45 and fiber optic cabling
• Experience with electronic troubleshooting
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Prefer Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Background in construction experience a plus
Due to the requirements of this position, NEP requires as a condition of employment for this position that a candidate be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If a candidate is offered this position with NEP, such offer is contingent on the candidate providing proof of full vaccination status by his or her start date. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, NEP will consider reasonable accommodations to a candidate’s inability to vaccinate due to disability or religious belief, but NEP’s consideration of potential reasonable accommodations does not guarantee commencement of employment.
Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• Vacation Days
• Sick Days
• Discount Programs
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Account
Why Join Us?
Check us out at https://www.nepgroup.com/career/careers
Hiring Insights Job activity Posted 1 day ago