Job ID: 419570
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Responsible for directing and coordinating the purchase and deliveries of materials, equipment, supplies and other inventory to meet production requirements, plant efficiency in the most cost-effective manner.
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls activities related to the procurement function.
• Recruit and maintain suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price.
• Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price and acceptability of items to specifications.
• Oversees the entire process related to procurement of a commodity from the intent to purchase through the delivery.
• Negotiate with vendors to ensure proper source of supply for most economical purchases by requesting competitive quotations and assessing resourcefulness of the suppliers.
• Assigns procurement requests to the appropriate personnel.
• Negotiates requests for equipment, supplies and services.
• Arranges for the disposal of surplus materials.
• Develops processes and procedures pertaining to purchasing and inventory management to control cost and help control money allocation.
• Responsible for training purchasing staff.
• Oversee and review purchasing documents, purchase orders, pricing agreements and contracts, in order to ensure appropriate recordkeeping and compliance with company purchasing guidelines.
• Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business preferred / minimum of three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Prior managerial experience.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Must be able to multi-task, be detailed oriented and posses strong organization skills.
• Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
• Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent; as well as able to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Computer literate with experience with Microsoft Office software.
What CRH Offers You
• Highly competitive base pay
• Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
• Group retirement savings program
• Health and wellness programs
• A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Location/Region: Grapevine, TX (76099)