Job Title: Bilingual Coordinator Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director of Learning Term: 233 Days
Dept./School: Curriculum & Instruction Pay Grade: 104
Provide leadership in developing and implementing the district’s bilingual program. Collaborate with district staff and outside personnel, when necessary, to ensure educational opportunities for bilingual students. Responsible for leading and supporting the district’s dual-language program along with the campus principal.
Valid Texas teaching certificate with an endorsement in bilingual education
Master’s Degree, preferred
Three years of classroom experience
Principal Standard Certificate, preferred
Texas Teachers Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS) training, preferred
Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Knowledge of strategies and materials for the education of bilingual students
Ability to interpret data
Ability to communicate effectively with bilingual parents and students
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
Demonstrated supervisory experiences and leadership abilities
Prior successful experience with world language or bilingual instruction
Experience in leading vertical teams, implementing improvement efforts and coaching teachers in the classroom
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Implement procedures and coordinate the process to identify bilingual students at all grade levels.
• Develop bilingual and English-learner (EL) curricular documents and instructional support materials. Provide resources and materials to support staff in accomplishing program goals.
• Work with other curriculum coordinators to establish and maintain challenging academic standards that will ensure that students learn English as well as content information and exit the bilingual/EL programs within established timeframes.
• Monitor and evaluate areas of the district’s bilingual program to determine the extent to which goals and objectives are met and encourage program improvement aligned with LEAD 2.0.
• Develop appropriately aligned assessments with the Director of Assessments.
• Consult with teachers to develop and provide bilingual students with appropriate course work through curriculum modification and acceleration.
• Observe classroom instruction and provide feedback and assistance to classroom teachers to facilitate improvement and innovation. Demonstrate teaching strategies with students in the classroom.
• Plan and provide professional learning opportunities, including sessions on methods for identifying and instructing bilingual students and enriched learning.
• Plan and conduct parent meetings. Consult with parents, administrators, counselors, teachers, community agencies, and other relevant individuals regarding bilingual students.
• Evaluate the bilingual program effectiveness based on evaluative findings (including student achievement data) and recommend changes as needed.
Budget and Inventory
• Participate in the development, preparation, and administration of the budget for supplies and equipment and ensure that the program is cost-effective and funds are managed wisely.
• Contribute to the selection and purchase of supplemental equipment and supplies for the program.
• Participate in grant-writing activities to obtain program funding.
• Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
• Ensure compliance with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
• Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interpret policy, procedures, and data; maintain emotional control under stress. Work with frequent interruptions and maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Travels between campus assignments; occasional district/regional travel; occasional prolonged hours; steady phone interactions; moderate standing, walking and bending; occasional lifting up to 35 lbs.
Primary Location Administration Building Salary Range Per Day Shift Type Full-Time