Join a team that puts its People First! As member of First American's family of companies, Mortgage Solutions provides lenders with solutions to originate, close and service quality loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
***Open to 100% Remote Candidates***
Participates in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance of software code for business applications. Responsible for middle-tier implementation and integration with backend databases. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Participates in the development of software user manuals.
• Work with customers, stakeholders, product managers, and product owners to understand and maintain a high level understanding of the current and upcoming requirements for the system
• Understand and communicate the nonfunctional requirements for the system
• Evaluate design alternatives, and perform cost benefit analysis
• Develop and maintain whatever models and documentation are necessary to describe how the system does what it is intended to do, including recommended domain and user case models
• Define and split large architectural objectives into smaller incremental objectives
• Present the technological vision of the solution during planning, provide domain models and exemplary use cases that describe larger system behavior, and participate actively in interactively during the planning process
• Champion change by serving as a resource to help teams make appropriate system and component level design decisions during implementation
• Top level technical expert in one or more highly specialized phases of applications programming.
• Research, design, write, test and implement complex software applications and systems
• Provide practical, actionable approaches to overcoming technical and procedural challenges in implementing strategy.
• Lead Architect governance.
• Champion change; drive and set technical direction affecting multiple groups/business units.
• Provide leadership by instructing, mentoring and training team members within and outside the work group.
• Work with other architects to establish common roadmaps in support of upcoming user and business needs
• Interact with and influence senior management on technical matters requiring coordination between organizations.
• Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
• Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
• Fluent in multiple application development languages at an expert level
• Expertise with various computer platforms and application environments and automated testing
• Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications
• Expertise in designing programs, applications and systems
• Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the skill level of the department and the company
• Must have conceptual understanding of domain technologies.
• Ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to non-technical personnel
• Presentation skills
• Strong organizational or Project Management skills
• Ability to design systems with Infrastructure, Network and server operations team in building complex enterprise level applications.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
• Typically have 10+ years of directly related experience
• Experience working with distributed team is preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.