This is a team where you can work with great team members across the Cyber Risk, Cyber Tech, Risk Management, and Technology organizations. You will be challenged to excel with exciting and challenging opportunities daily. There is transparency and great support from management teams to allow team members to be effective, grow their careers and meet company goals. Hard work and initiative are rewarded and recognized by management and colleagues alike, which promotes a culture of respect and value across the organization. Within the Cybersecurity Risk team, you will be conducting meaningful work and making a difference in the lives of OneMain's customers and team members by promoting a cybersecurity culture, optimizing cybersecurity capabilities, and protecting data.
• Develop and execute the data destruction program as established by the enterprise's standard and records retention requirements
• Assist the Head of Data Governance and Protection with effective planning, implementation, and management of the data retention and destruction program
• Ensure compliance with the Data Governance policy and standard across the enterprise to protect customer, enterprise, and partner (team member) data
• Support the review and refinement process of the existing Data Governance policy and standard on a periodic basis
• Ability to collaborate with business lines, risk management and compliance, and internal and external auditors (three lines of defense)
• Create and present meaningful data governance metrics to senior management monthly
• Possess program management skillset to manage various data retention and destruction projects, track initiatives and effectively handle the closure of open issues
• Use expert knowledge of data subject, Custodian, Owner, Controller, and Processor terminology and concepts to securely manage data
• 5-7 years of experience working in the data governance and protection field
• Bachelor's degree or practical military experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills essential in interacting with team members
• Exceptional attention to detail and presentation skills
• Strong people, project management, organizational and leadership experience
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That's why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
• Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
• Up to 4% matching 401(k)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Continuing education
• Bonus eligible
• Paid time off
• Paid volunteer time
• And more
OneMain Financial is the country's largest lending-exclusive financial company, a trusted name in lending for over 100 years. Since 2005 alone, we have looked beyond customers credit scores to lend more than $152 billion to 16.2 million people looking for simple, affordable loans.
With branches across 44 states, we're proud partners of the families and communities we serve. They turn to us to help meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills and auto purchases. It's all about doing the right thing - a mission that hasn't changed for more than 100 years.