At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a Senior Navigation Software Architect (WISK) to join our team in Mesa, AZ; Hazelwood, MO; Huntsville, AL; Long Beach, CA; Manassas, VA; or Plano, TX .
From building biplanes in a red barn to designing rockets bound for the red planet, our story is unlike any other. Boeing and its heritage companies have charted the course of aerospace history, helping to build and define an industry that has changed the world. It has been a breathtaking journey, but the best is yet to come.
The selected candidate will join our software team working the Wisk joint venture and to help transform the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. This role requires a proven background developing real time, embedded navigation software governed by processes for safety critical systems. The ideal candidate has prior experiences as a software technical lead and has completed a 24-month or longer software development project from beginning to end.
At Boeing, we are committed to innovating for the future, leading with sustainability, and cultivating a culture based on the company's core values of safety, quality and integrity. Our engineers share a passion to redefine what is possible, to turn dreams into reality, to bring world-class innovation to market. Join us and you can help design our next generation of amazing products.
• Provides technical leadership for software projects
• Serves as a subject matter expert for the navigation software domain, system-specific issues, processes, and regulations
• Works with key stakeholders to plan, develop, document, and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for real time, embedded software systems
• Promotes design for reuse with the team, eliminating inefficiencies and driving first time quality
• Designs, implements, unit tests, and integrates high-quality embedded software
• Troubleshoots software issues and fixes defects
• Performs requirements analysis and authors high-level and detailed requirements
• Tracks and evaluates software team performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards
• Trains and mentors others
• Works under consultative direction
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree
• 5+ years of experience developing software for embedded systems
• Experience programming in C, C++ or C#
• Experience developing navigation or flight control software for production embedded systems
• Experience developing software governed by processes for safety critical systems (DO-178B/C, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Aviation or prior aerospace development experience
• Experience providing technical leadership to software teams
• Experience integrating navigation information from sensor data
• Experience with and understanding of RTOS concepts
• Experience in Agile Methodologies and tools
• Written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to travel up to 10% of time
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.