Senior Director, Infrastructure Build (Data Center Strategy)
Dallas, United States of America
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Senior Director, Infrastructure Build of Data Center Strategy provides technical and managerial leadership in the assessment, design, planning, and delivery of Santander North America Infrastructure Data Center Strategy spanning multiple locations in US and Mexico. Data Center Strategy will enhance agility of IT operations towards a more scalable, efficient, and secure data center infrastructure for the North America region.
This position contributes towards the strategic vision of the organization and integrates a broad range of ideas regarding data center strategy for Santander. This role is recognized across the organization for Data Center expertise as a resource for resolving the most complex problems by influencing and motivating team members and stakeholders. This incumbent provides leadership on complex data center projects involving multiple disciplines by interacting, influencing and presenting to stakeholders, peers and senior management. S/he creates a work environment that enables team members to be their best and deliver on their accountabilities.
• Leads development and delivery of requirements for associated data center infrastructure, application hosting, cloud capabilities, business continuity, disaster recovery, real estate, IT operations and engineering
• Defines data center projects and establishes plans for their development and delivery; carefully manages cost and complexity of associated budgets
• Builds consensus with business leaders and IT groups on proposed data center strategy
• Mitigates technical debt and security risk related to data center strategy
• Demonstrates thought leadership
• Keeps current with trends and issues in the IT industry including current technologies and prices; advises and educates executives on their competitive and/or financial impact.
• Leads all members of the infrastructure team and skillfully develops leaders on his/her team.
• Leads technical documentation development and management
• Manages relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
• Provides ongoing direction to subordinate managers and supervisors to ensure resources are well coordinated and all issues are appropriately communicated.
• Bachelor's Degree; in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field
• Master's Degree; in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field or equivalent work experience.
• 12-15 years; Leading data center or technical operations organizations where high availability is a requirement
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to clearly communicate ideas through written reports, business correspondence, technical documentation and procedure manuals
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to program in a scripting language
• Ability to rapidly build knowledge of application business area and application requirements
• Ability to understand and decompose network design diagrams
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff, to work with the Executive Management of an organization, and to manage multiple concurrent projects
• Demonstrated experience in data center build, consolidation and migration
• Demonstrates solution design for performance and scalability
• Design and transfer technical solutions to team and review team's solutions for accuracy
• Experience in Build/update of hardware of network switches, firewalls, and security groups
• Experience in completing build documentation required to ensure Solutions acceptance into production
• Experience with version control tools such as Git (preferred), Subversion, or other version control tools
• Expertise in developing operational documentation for software defined network services
• Hands-on experience with cloud computing and virtualization tools (VMware, OpenStack, AWS, dVS, VPC, Azure vNET), Hands-on experience with configuring and deploying cloud based application delivery technologies, Firewalls, and Security Groups, and configuring and tuning operational telemetry dashboards
• Knowledge of methods and tools of product build in IT and various industries
• Knowledge of software configuration management (build and process management, source control, versioning and build systems), Possesses excellent leadership and managerial skills, possesses strong analytical skills and effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a wide range of users with varying levels of technical proficiency
• Proven ability to positively manage work in a dynamic environment and to work autonomously as required
• Solid environment and configuration management skills and ability to maintain multiple baselines, e.g., Dev, Test, Prod
• Strong ability to troubleshoot system integration
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Bachelor of Science (BS), Masters of Science (MS)
Bachelor of Science (BS) English
Primary Location: Dallas, Texas, United States of America
Other Locations: Texas-Dallas
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.