Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Senior Analyst, Claims, you will manage and administer claims on behalf of contracted carriers and technicians. You’ll lead training sessions and drive corporate initiatives as they relate to claims. You will review property damage claims from Profit Center Managers, complete the investigation and resolve the claim. If you’re excited about the challenge of working for a global company, we have an opportunity for you to grow with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
• Oversee end-to-end claims process for large, strategic customers including review of claims, coordinating updates, and resolution of disputed results
• Partner with senior sales team members and other claims department personnel to ensure customer requirements are met
• Investigate and analyze cargo claims for loss, damage, and delays to determine company liability and costs for damage or loss while protecting company and customer interests
• Understand and interpret legal limits of liability as stipulated in the contracts and applicable governing publications such as the National Motor Freight Classification; negotiate cargo liability
• Compose professional claims correspondence
• Manage claims inventory to meet individual, team, and company goals; process claims according to company policies and procedures
• Provide reports, statistical data and metrics to leadership on status and trends for assigned accounts
• Review claims concluded by other analysts for accuracy and provide feedback
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
• 2 years of experience as a cargo claims examiner, analyst, or in a similar capacity working with liability and risk
• Knowledge of Common Law Liability, Code of Federal Regulations, Rules and Tariffs, Transportation Contracts and Agreements, and the National Motor Freight Classification system
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
It’d be great if you also have:
• LTL industry experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to manage difficult customer conversations
• Ability to communicate with executive management regarding the decision-making process of claims declined and/or paid
• Knowledge of risk reduction and claims process
• Exceptional customer service skills, including de-escalating situations with disappointed customers
• Demonstrated ability to work under strict deadlines utilizing good planning and organizational skills
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Location/Region: Grapevine, TX (76099)