Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.
About the Role
In this role, you will set the tone for the store team and help bring our brand to life for our customers and employees. Your leadership role is critical in supporting the execution of the store strategy to achieve performance goals and drive profitable sales growth through all aspects of the store, including; customer and product operations, merchandising, and talent development. Through collaboration with your leadership team, your goal is to teach others and coach behaviors to cultivate a high performing team that meets or exceeds goals.
What You'll Do
• Recruit, hire and develop people to drive a culture of high performance and engagement
• Accountable for team performance through teaching, coaching and providing meaningful feedback to build capabilities
• Support strategies and processes using a customer centric mindset to deliver results, drive store sales, and maximize efficiencies and productivity
• Represent the brand and understand the competition and retail landscape
• Promote community involvement
• Adapt team priorities to respond to customer and business partner needs
• Provide front line supervision to an operational, service or administrative team
Who You Are
• Provides clear and direct communication of expectations and gives feedback while listening to learn in order to unlock personal and business results
• Ability to lead and inspire others to learn and grow through coaching and mentoring
• Proven ability to organize and utilize time management and prioritization skills to effectively manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands
• Strength in driving metrics to deliver results that will meet or exceed business goals
• Able to travel as required
Benefits at Gap
• Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
• One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
• Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
• Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
• Employee stock purchase plan.
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
• See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row. no requirements Employment Type: OTHER