Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
• Home daily
• Experienced drivers can start at $32.24/hour
• Full health insurance on day one
• Life and disability insurance
• Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
• 9 paid company holidays
• 401(k) option with company match
• Employee stock purchase plan
• Education assistance
What you’ll do on a typical day:
• Safely operate a tractor-trailer combination, including doubles and triples
• Provide excellent service to customers, including generating sales leads
• Load and unload freight
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
• To be 21 years of age or older
• Valid Class A commercial driver's license
• Safe driving record and history
• Currently possess or willing to obtain hazardous materials, tank vehicle and doubles/triples endorsements within 90 days of employment
• To pass a DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals in the last 3 years
• Hold a valid DOT Medical Certification Card or pass a company-paid DOT physical
• Availability to work a flexible schedule that’s up to 12-14 hours in a day, including day, night and weekend shifts
It’d be great if you also have:
• Forklift experience
This job requires the ability to:
• Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally); move and position a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs.
• Safely climb in/out of a tractor cab/trailer
• Sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or on a forklift; safely operate heavy equipment and a forklift
• Walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather)
• Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
• Operate a tractor-trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous materials
Be part of something big.
Don’t have your CDL-A yet? Learn more about our Driver School here.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Location/Region: Grapevine, TX (76099)