Clinical Social Worker
Eddyville, KY 42038
Read what people are saying about working here.
Full Job Description Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Social Worker provides clinical services under the direction of the Mental Health Coordinator/Clinical Supervisor to patients in the Facility. Provides mental health consultation to Facility/Unit personnel and maintain effective communication. Maintains accountability for services provided though appropriate documentation and participation in Quality Improvement program.
- Relocation Assistance Available - Recently Increased Pay Rates
Education for Social Worker:
• Master's level degree in Social Work (LCSW or CSW) from an accredited college or university
Experience for Social Worker:
• Coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of mental health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, assessment and treatment of major mental disorders, crisis intervention, and mental health consultation
Licenses/Certifications for Social Worker:
• Currently licensed as a Master's Social Worker with the appropriate State Regulatory Board
• Current CPR Certification
• Responsible to provide direct clinical and consultation services in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Facility/Unit, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of the National Association of Social Work
• Responsible to report to the Mental Health Coordinator at that institution
• Responsible to interrelate and work effectively with other Facility/Unit staff, patients, and outside support agencies as delegated by Mental Health Coordinator
• Responsible to maintain confidentiality of patient information in accordance with State law, the Facility/Unit policy, and the standards of the National Association of Social Workers, the National Commission on Correctional Health Care and the American Correctional Association
• Completion of specific duties and responsibilities as designated by the Mental Health Coordinator. Designation of duties will be determined by current needs of the patient population and the mental health professional's privilege status, taking into consideration staff members' interests whenever possible
• Provision of individual and group psychotherapy/counseling to patients with the goals of reducing maladaptive behavior and fostering effective psychological functioning
• Provision of crisis intervention services to patients as referred by institutional and medical staff or to self-referral patients. Crisis intervention may require consultation with institutional staff regarding management/treatment concerns, referral, and/or mental health follow-up. Crisis intervention duties may be assigned by the Mental Health Coordinator after normal working hours and weekends
• Provision of consultation services as assigned by representing on institutional screening committees to include, but not limited to, Initial Classification Boards and Segregation Review Boards. Provision of consultation services to institutional staff concerning the mental status and management of patients
• Provision of training in human behavior and/or mental health issues to institutional staff in accordance with the institution's training program and as assigned by the Mental Health Coordinator
• Completion of documentation in the mental health file of individual patient's treatment progress in progress note and of the goals for treatment in the individual treatment plan
• Completion of regular reports of the social workers' activities in accordance with policies and procedures
• Provision of support and/or monitoring of patient's mental condition for institutional psychiatric staff as assigned by the Mental Health Coordinator
• Provision of consultation and in-service training to Facility personnel as assigned by the Mental Health Coordinator
• Participation in staff meetings and in-service training programs
• Inform Mental Health Coordinator of personal need for additional clinical supervision, overall problems in the delivery of clinical services, and/or proposals to improve clinical skills
• Participation in specialized clinical services and/or program development activities in a professional, timely manner providing these duties have been assumed with the mutual agreement of the Mental Health Coordinator and the individual staff member
• Maintain accountability for services provided through timely and accurate recording of activities on the provider record and through participation in the Quality Improvement program
• Compliance with employee standards of the Facility. Compliance includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a professional working environment and personal appearance consistent with professional responsibilities, development of harmonious working relationships, and timely notification of supervisory personnel of absences from institution
• Completion of clinical assessments, including clinical interview, and diagnosis of mental disorders of patients during the RDU intake process
• Completion of the psychological evaluation portion of the RDU report on the Offender Management Information System (OMIS)
• Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
• Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
• Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
• Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
• Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
• Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Hiring Insights Job activity Posted 2 days ago