I accept Opt Out Read more
Skip to content
Precision Castparts Corp.
LOGIN CREATE ACCOUNT
• NEW GRADS OR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
• JOB SEARCH
• HELP CENTER
• LOGIN CREATE ACCOUNT
Manufacturing Quality Specialist
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Wyman-Gordon, located in Brighton MI and Princeton KY, supply raw material to the Isothermal forge shop in Worcester MA through use of Vacuum-Melt Atomizers, Lathes, and Equipment for Complete Billet Processing and Certification. This role can be located in either Brighton MI or Princeton KY and support both facilities.
Reporting to the Quality Manager – Power, this role will have quality audit and process development responsibilities for both Powder facilities in Brighton MI and Princeton KY. With 50% travel to either location, the role will support Quality functions in shop floor processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Develop a strong process understanding in both Powder facilities to drive quality
• Identify and assess quality risks in activities and processes according to certification (AS9100)requirements and our internal quality practices.
• As part of the Quality team, work with operations in development of corrective actions and risk mitigation in quality functions.
• Perform regular gap analysist of current practice vs zero defect development
• Supplier audit as necessary
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (Business Administration, Engineering, Data Science)
• Manufacturing shop floor experience preferred.
• Ability to travel 50% of time to support facilities in Michigan and Kentucky
SPECIAL SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively convey WG goals and requirements.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Ability to understand and communicate complex quality processes to a range of audiences
US Citizenship or Perm Residency is required due to government military contracts.
Wyman Gordon is committed to hiring, promoting and transferring employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin (where a person was born), sex, age, ancestry (ethnic heritage), citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other reason prohibited by law. Decisions as to hiring, promoting or transferring employees should be based solely upon job-related qualifications.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wyman Gordon is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 508-839-8004 for assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Grow Your Career with PCC
We are constantly searching for the best talent and offer excellent development programs for recent graduates as well as meaningful work experience for those still studying.
Explore Career Opportunities
© 2020 Precision Castparts Corp All Rights Reserved.