3 DAYS AGO
Serve as subject matter expert on EHS matters related to employee safety, environmental protection, property protection, and process safety in an aerospace maintenance repair and overhaul environment. Ensures compliance with all applicable company requirements and local, state, and federal laws (e.g., Lockout/Tagout; Haz Com; Lab Standard; RCRA, DOT, EPA, OSHA, etc.) Develop and lead EHS management system strategy and Continual Improvement initiatives for the overall business. Review existing policies, programs, and initiatives to ensure EHS compliance and develop new policies and procedures as necessary. Monitor and evaluate the impact of new laws, regulations, and industry standards Lead efforts, projects and cross-functional EHS teams in the direction of a continuously improving work environment that is safe and environmentally friendly.
• Ensure required records, permits, and reports are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines by company, local, state, and federal agencies.
• Oversee waste streams, manifests, and environmental reporting (waste reports; Tier II; Form R; etc.)
• Implement, administer and advise others on hazard control programs. Perform and document job hazard analysis, and coordinate activities to ensure corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
• Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs.
• Respond to day-to-day employee concerns in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Manages the investigation and assessment of work-related injuries, illnesses, and near-misses. Monitors medical incident reports from providers and works with Human Resources on workers compensation and return to work programs.
• Review, measure, audit, and report on efforts in attaining compliance with EHS laws, regulations, company policies, and best practices to all levels of the organization.
• Perform applicable internal audits and inspections of facility and operations.
• Maintains relationship with regulatory agencies as required for on-site audits, regulatory compliance and required corrective action and/or remediation.
• Train and lead Emergency Response Teams
• Oversee handling/removal of hazardous materials and waste.
• Performs electronic data entry as required to maintain data management requirements.
• Maintains applicable files, records and permits.
• Maintains open channels of communication between production and all other levels of management within the organization.
• Responsible for planning, tracking, and conducting all EHS-related training
• Manages all site security activities and personnel to include access control/perimeter control, security training, security response planning, security event investigation etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety/Environmental or closely related field or equivalent.
• 10+ years EHS work experience.
• Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written. Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with employees, vendors, customers and the public.
• Attention to detail, well organized, and able to solve problems.
• Ability to manage time in order to complete multiple tasks by required deadlines.
• Ability to work independently, as well as a team.
• Intellectual capacity and motivation to continue education and career development in an all-encompassing department.
• Experience with ISO 14001/2015 implementation.
• Highly proficient in Internet based programs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations including process safety, emergency response, hazardous materials transportation, air permitting, water permitting, ergonomics, and worker’s compensation.
• Training and certifications preferred: First Aid, CPR & AED, RCRA, DOT, 30-hr OSHA, CSP and Hazwoper.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 6,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues approaching $3 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is owned by The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG), a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions.
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Grapevine, TX