Java, Python, IT, Computer, MySQL
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Talent Acquisition is seeking Lead Senior Services/Site Reliability Specialist to join our Cloud Data Analytics Platform Team in Seattle, WA .
The Boeing Cloud Data Analytics Platform Team builds Boeing's single analytical data plane in Google Cloud Platform that serves as the foundation for data analytics capability of the company. The cloud-based infrastructure and self-services enable the company to operate in a more agile environment, responding to and anticipating analytics user and developer needs.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Senior Service/Site Reliability Specialists to join us! As the Service/Site Reliability Technical Leader, you will lead the team in applying software development principles to improve reliability and minimize the frequency and impact of failures that can impact the overall reliability of a cloud application. You will also have a chance to influence the direction of a critical and global group. If you love designing, developing and running systems and infrastructure that will help analytics developers and users, and you also enjoy leading and mentoring a team, then this is the place for you!
• Ensure reliability, performance, and efficiency of BCDAP, core services and applications
• Actively participate in all aspects of designing, building, and delivering reliable infrastructure and tools for data analytics developers and users
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
• Develop and deliver creative solutions that support and enable software development and product teams across the enterprise
• Serve as Technical Lead in build up of our team. Through a combination of mentoring, on the job training, technical leadership, make others better and raise the bar for those around you
This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity and does not require applicants to live in Seattle, WA.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "U.S. Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "U.S. Person" includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
• Experience leading a project or team
• Experience withDevOps
• Strong programming skills in Java, Python, Go, or C++
• Experience with Bamboo or Jenkins for DevOps administration, automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
• Experience with building data pipelines
• Minimum of 5 years' of professional IT experience, preferably in an application development role, performing core activities across the software lifecycle- from requirements gathering and design to coding, testing, integrations, deployments, and production support
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience
• Proven track record of making significant, self-directed, and end-to-end contributions to large and impactful infrastructure projects. Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
• Experience with distributed architecture and/or high availability systems
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
• Familiarity with microservices architecture and container orchestration with Docker, Kubernetes, etc
• Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
• Automation advocate - a true believer in removing operation load with software. Acute drive to automate manual operations and to improve them through repeated iteration
• Knowledge of cloud technologies
• Experience in CloudNative databases such as Bigquery , MySQL , NoSQL
• LDAP administration skills
• Experience with SSO solutions
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience, 18 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $107,100 - $198,900
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.