Bassett, VA 24055
$60,000 - $70,000 a year
Read what people are saying about working here.
$60,000 - $70,000 a year
Full Job Description Hiring Immediately - Digital Marketing Team Opportunity
WEB MERCHANDISER - Bassett Furniture Corporate Headquarters
The Web Merchandiser is responsible for ensuring online product catalogs are designed and maintained accurately on the website for all furniture, including product descriptions, digital assets, and categorizations. This role will work closely with furniture product/merchandising teams to identify data bugs, publishing errors, and create a “bug-free” user experience. The web merchandiser position is based at our corporate headquarters in Bassett, VA with a partial work-from-home opportunity. As well as locally, much of our marketing team lives in areas to the south in Greensboro, NC and to the north in Roanoke, VA. The expected salary range is $60,000-$70,000 annually.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Gathering technical and functional requirements to help facilitate front-end development of website activities to implement integration and merchandising of key product areas throughout the website.
• Driving conversations with merchant teams to lead towards an omni-channel presentation using KPIs and consumer behavior.
• Preparing and executing web merchandising goals and strategies to achieve sales goals.
• Educating teams on upcoming feature releases that impact front-end development to guarantee smooth implementation.
• Executing ongoing product data for the furniture category and display audits and maintaining web product presentation throughout the product lifecycle.
• Responsible for the accuracy of all aspects of furniture product, including set up, pricing, categorization, ranking, up-sell/cross-sell online.
• Performing ongoing review of website to ensure proper product presentation.
• Analyzing product and category performance and visitor data.
• Coordinating with marketing team to execute campaigns with appropriate product mix.
• Strong understanding of product features and benefits to determine how to attract consumer interactions.
• Ensuring that all pages are effectively merchandised, identifying best sellers, key trends & stories.
Required Qualifications & Skills Include:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, merchandising or related field
• 3-5 years proven experience in eCommerce, retail, or catalog
• Visual display or website merchandising experience required
• Experience with data management, product information management and merchandising analysis using tools such as Google Analytics
• Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud a plus
• Understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• Ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional teams
Bassett Furniture Industries is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category. Bassett is dedicated to ensuring that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated consistently during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category.
Hiring Insights Job activity Posted 30+ days ago