Pay Type Salaried State: VA City: Floyd Area of Interest: US Field Ministry Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt Employment Status: Regular Job Description
The Representative works with the Director and Advisory Team to fulfill the FCA Vision, pursue the FCA Mission and live the FCA Values by implementing the ministry plan for the assigned area. In the FCA Sports Environments, the Representative ensures there is a consistent approach to discipleship -- making disciples who make disciples. The Representative is accountable for ensuring that the FCA ministry is conducted according to biblical standards and adheres to FCA policies and procedures.
These responsibilities are critical to the FCA mission and this position plays a vital role in our ministry. FCA expects all functions and responsibilities outlined below to be carried out with a heart surrendered to serving God as a form of worship.
• Agree with, and abide by, FCA's Christian Community Statement.
• Follow a spiritual rhythm including daily prayer and Bible study to seek the Lord's will for FCA.
• Lead, conduct and provide spiritual leadership for staff, volunteers, coaches and athletes through prayer, Bible study, worship and living by example so they are equipped to serve others.
• Connect to and participate in a local church through worship and weekly involvement.
• Conduct yourself in a manner that affirms biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA's Christian beliefs (see FCA's Christian Community Statement) at all times.
• Engage, equip, and empower coaches and athletes by ministering through 1-on-1s, Huddles and Events.
• Train and equip staff and volunteers to empower coaches and athletes to be disciples who make disciples in the Sports Environments.
• Oversee recruiting, training and developing effective and diverse volunteers who lead every coach and athlete into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His church.
• Recruit: Actively attract and recruit highly qualified volunteers to the Sports Environments.
• Train: Provide tools, resources and training to develop volunteers' skills and increase their capacity and competence to effectively execute their responsibilities.
• Develop: Prepare volunteers in their roles and responsibilities by helping them grow spiritually and personally.
Invite, involve, and invest in an Advisory Team that is committed to pray, serve, and give.
• Connect, communicate, and care for existing and prospective financial partners to get fully funded.
• Manage and steward the finances for the assigned area of responsibility.
• Establish and execute an annual budget and funding plan by growing the Home Team, major donors, and events.
Work with the Director to serve the aligned International Region by praying, giving and going.
Additional Details Position also available in Reports To Adam Clapp At-Will Employer
This position is at-will employment, meaning that either the employee or FCA can discontinue employment at any time, with or without notice and with or without cause. The Position Description does not create a contract (express or implied) or enforceable promise or representation. FCA can modify this Position Description at any time. Additionally, it is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time.