Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Uptown is a new state of the art surgical hospital in the Dallas’ Uptown area. Specialties and services will include Orthopedic, Spine, Pain Management, General Plastic, and Ear, Nose and Throat surgery. Our mission is to provide first-class services for the local community in a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Uptown is a part of United Surgical Partners International (USPI). USPI owns and operates multiple surgical hospitals and ambulatory surgical care centers throughout the United States and London; with headquarter located in Addison, TX.
The Certified Sterile Processing Technician cares for and maintains all surgical instrumentation and sets up supplies and instruments for surgery cases.
• Performs specified functions to meet the requirements of each approved procedure
• Adheres to sterilization process policies and procedures
• Inspects equipment / instruments for proper working condition
• Maintains equipment / instrumentation according to manufactures recommendations
• Accurately labels / dates sterilized equipment / instruments
• Maintains availability of instruments and equipment to avoid delays
• Reports observed or suspected breaks in sterile technique and takes action according to policy
• Correctly operates decontamination equipment, autoclaves, Steris equipment
• Performs required biological chemical monitoring tests on all sterilizers and maintains logs according to policy and procedure.
• Performs checks for outdated items or package integrity.
• Keeps instrument racks in organized manner
• Maintains adequate supplies for the sterile processing area
• Coordinates and implements AMI standards for the sterilization of instruments and supplies.
• Performs other tasks and duties as assigned in an efficient, effective and cost conscious manner, complying with USPI’s policies, procedures and regulations.
• Must be a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• 2-3 years ‘experience as Instrument Room Technician.
• Experience with all types of sterilizers.
• Knows operating room instrumentation.
• Organized in setting up operating room instrument tray.
• Understands operation of steam/ gravity sterilizer.
• Understands Sterrad sterilizers.
• Ability to prepare reports and keep records.
• Familiarity with medical terminology and departmental supply items is required.
Dallas, Texas, United States
Baylor Medical Center at Uptown (10820)