PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Dynacraft, a PACCAR Company, is headquartered in McKinney, TX. a suburb of Dallas. Dynacraft is a diversified global manufacturer of PACCAR medium- and heavy-duty truck parts sold under Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF nameplates. For fifty years Dynacraft has provided the company’s truck divisions and PACCAR Parts division with high quality components, subassemblies, and specialized services. Dynacraft has production facilities in Louisville, KY. and McKinney, TX.
The Quality Specialist has a wide variety of roles ranging from administrative, record-keeping and report writing to hands-on manufacturing support work and physical handling of non-conforming product, returned goods and suspect material. The Quality Specialist spends a significant amount of time resolving problems and communicating important information to Dynacraft’s customers, suppliers and employees. In addition, the Quality Specialist will participate in important technical quality work such as process behavior studies, data analysis, part measurements, tool & fixture validation, equipment calibration, equipment upkeep and warranty analysis.
This role will be a quality role that focuses on-site customer support. This individual with report at the Peterbilt plant in Denton daily with 2-3 visits back to the Dynacraft plant quarterly in McKinney. This is an evening shift role taking the pass down notes from the Day Shift Quality Specialist to continue support throughout the evening. A daily report on significant activities and escalation critical issues to Quality Manager in a timely manner will be expected.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Read, understand and stay current with Dynacraft and PACCAR standard procedures
• Help develop and execute quality system objectives
• Communicate with suppliers, customers and Dynacraft employees regarding customer complaints and suspect material
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of Dynacraft’s Quality Management System, manufacturing processes and business processes
• Inspect material and discuss facts with quality and production personnel
• Audit manufacturing and manufacturing support processes
• Perform calibration and manage calibration devices
• Calculate metrics and write concise reports, typically with significant graphical content
• Provide back-up support including calibration & validation, material review, returned goods handling, handling of customer complaints and document control
• Perform other duties as determined by customer need and workload
Qualifications & Skills
• Strong desire to learn new skills and to teach others
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• Safely lift up to 35 lbs., handle materials and do physical work as determined by workload
• Basic understanding of lean principles
• Data collection and data analysis experience
• Familiar with Quality Management methods and practices including ISO-9001
• Basic understanding of root cause analysis and corrective action tools
• Strong technical writing skills including flowcharting and graphs
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications
• Intermediate computer skills with MS Office Products
Education & Experience
• A 2-year degree or equivalent relevant experience required
• Minimum of 2 years hands-on manufacturing experience required
• SAP experience desired
• ISO-9001 or TS16949 familiarity
• Six Sigma training desired
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
• Competitive salary, 401(k) with a 5% match, AND a company paid Pension Plan after 5 years of service
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family
• Disability insurance after one year of service
• Comprehensive Paid Time Off – Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Leave
• Tuition Reimbursement for continued education – eligible after 1 year of service
Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities. Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields.