Microsoft 365 Modern Workplace Transformation (MWT) organization has a vision to establish a trusted platform that enables productive and healthy enterprises in a world of digital and remote everything, constantly changing work patterns and norms, and the need for organizational resiliency.
Our products focus on bringing in the next set of users by adding capabilities into Microsoft Teams and Outlook. We build collaboration capabilities for 1B+ frontline workers, industries including healthcare, finance, government, retail, manufacturing and more. We build features to help people and businesses thrive with insights, recommendations, and solutions to improve productivity and wellbeing. We help managers and leaders gain data-driven visibility into how work patterns affect wellbeing, productivity, and business performance, with default safeguards like de-identification, aggregation, and differential privacy to protect individual privacy. We help millions of people work smarter and achieve balance using personalized solutions designed to help teams collaborate more effectively, preserve time for uninterrupted work, and disconnect at the end of the day.
Refer Teams for Frontline Workers , Microsoft 365 for Healthcare and Viva Insights to learn more.
We will only achieve our mission of transforming how others work if we live our culture. We start with becoming learners in all things and apply that mindset to learning about our customers, being diverse and inclusive, working together as one, and—ultimately—making a difference in the world. Our organization has a keen sense of accountability and provides its members with many opportunities for learning and career growth . Meet us in a short video talking about why we love working here.
• 3+ years of hands-on software design and coding experience.
• Strong computer science fundamentals and proven algorithm design capability.
• Understand efficient data structures, object-oriented programming, familiar with algorithms and have a track record of shipping software-based services.
• Experience working with multi-tiered applications and micro-services.
• Strong passion in providing technical leadership – including pattern matching product quality and development agility challenges and recommending solutions.
• Passion in mentoring and enabling others.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills.
• Proven ability to instrument, profile, debug, and optimize code and resolve complex issues with distributed systems across multiple layers.
• Enjoy learning new technologies.
• Excellent technical, cross group collaboration and communication skills.
• Hands on experience in delivering web experience on a variety of form factors e.g. tablets, phones, etc.
• DevOps Experience supporting production systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
More about the Role
Our technical challenges are broad and deep, and our product needs evolve quickly. As a full stack engineer, you will partner with our program managers and visual designers to build intuitive, accessible, and engaging web-based user interfaces across a range of form factor surfaces, including experiences integrated in Microsoft Teams and Outlook. You will be working on designing and building efficient back end compute and middle tier infrastructure. You will be working with experimentation and big data analysis to measure the impact of your work on engagement, customer productivity and wellbeing. You will be contributing to our engineering systems (developer, monitoring and manageability tools) to improve your team’s engineering agility and our ability to deliver a world class cloud service. You should be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a shifting landscape. Experience with Azure or other cloud services is a plus. You should be passionate about iterating fast, being data driven, learning from customers and getting the right design for our customers. Over time, our full stack engineers will find specific areas of interest to go deep as subject matter experts and continue to solve end to end user problems across technical stacks.