Dual Director Housekeeping
Property AC Hotels Dallas Downtown
Posted Date 4 hours ago (1/14/2022 3:13 PM)
ID 2022-98767 Location US-TX-Dallas Category Housekeeping/Laundry Type Regular Status Full-Time
The Director-Housekeeping is responsible for ensuring efficient operations of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as well as leading the entire Housekeeping Department including rooms front/back of house public areas and laundry. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
• At least 7 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 5 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 3 year of related experience.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company approved spreadsheets and word processing
• Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
• Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
• Approach all encounters with guests and associates in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards)
• Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First Aid
• Establish and maintain a key control system for the department.
• Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
• Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the housekeeping department.
• Monitor and direct all Housekeeping and Laundry leadership.
• Ensure compliance to company and brand training using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
• Conduct all 90 day and annual associate performance appraisals according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P's.
• Be responsible for developing a manager as assigned by the Corporate Office including sign-off on all competencies and assist in his/her placement.
• Conduct monthly department meetings with housekeeping staff according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
• Prepare associate Schedule according to the business forecast payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Submit the Schedule and Wage Progress Report to the General Manager weekly.
• Maintain standards regarding Purchase Orders vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
• Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following Aimbridge Hospitality procedures.
• Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
• Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitality's policies and house rules.
• Train and review all 'House Safety' rules and procedures with Housekeeping staff.
• Motivate coach counsel and discipline all Housekeeping leaders according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
• Lead and facilitate monthly all-associate team meetings and any other functions required by management.
• Lead and facilitate weekly staff meetings and provide training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
• Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with other managers associates and all other departments.
• Respond to emergency situations using information contained in M.S.D. sheets. Keep M.S.D. sheets current and easily available.
• Focus the Housekeeping Department on its role in contributing to the guest service scores.
• Ensure that associates are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other associates.
• Conduct weekly walk through with General Manager and Property Engineer.
• Use the telephone and computer system for reporting and verifying room status.
• Properly store secure and issue supplies as needed to meet business demands.
• Complete all reports in a timely and efficient manner as required by management.
• Establish with General Manager's approval any additional standards as needed for the Housekeeping Department.
• Review Guest Request log daily to ensure that all requests have been met taking proactive steps to address problems before they occur.
• Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
• Monitor all V.I.P.'s special guests and requests.
• Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
• Now offering Daily Pay ! Ask your Recruiter for more details
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
• Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401k Retirement Plan
Apply for this position Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS