1/24/2022 (7:00 PM EST)
Social Service Clinician II
Pay Grade 16
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME, ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 37.5 HR/WK
Cabinet for Health & Family Services | Dept for Aging and Independent Living
3649 Wathens Crossing
Owensboro, KY 42301 USA
The agency may authorize the selected applicant to telecommute. The candidate may need to report to the office as needed. The agency may terminate or modify the telecommuting arrangement at any time.
The Department for Aging and Independent Living, Division of Guardianship makes all life decisions for individuals appointed under guardianship to the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. The Division provides individualized decisions based on the best interest, most appropriate and least restrictive alternatives. The department works with a very diverse population, community resources, the court system, community partners, and family members of individuals appointed to guardianship and other Cabinet and department staff in a collaborative relationship.
This Service Clinician II position will be responsible for covering multiple counties in the assigned Guardianship Section. The Department is looking for an individual with the passion to help others.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
• Maintains records by entering data in the Kentucky Guardianship Fiduciary Information System.
• Writing case notes related to each person served.
• Provides face-to-face visits to assess health, safety and welfare and living conditions of individuals.
• Assists with access to community resources.
• Makes medical, personal and/or financial decisions in all aspects of the individual’s life according to the order of the court.
• Prepares court reports by gathering needed information from providers and those working with the individual’s appointed under guardianship.
• Provide assistance to team members with ensuring individuals do not go over resources that will jeopardize benefits.
• Completes referral packets for individuals in need of residential placement.
• Coordinates potential placements for individuals for the most appropriate placement available.
• Other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Ability to plan and establish priorities, differentiating between urgent, important and unimportant tasks.
• Excellent organizational skills including time management, scheduling, coordinating resources and meeting deadlines.
• Attention to detail being thorough and accurate in completing tasks.
• Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team, being able to set aside personal conflicts.
• Ability to work under pressure, being able to cope with a high volume of work and meeting deadlines.
The Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in U.S. CHFS will only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that CHFS has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at 888-897-7781 or https://www.e-verify.gov/
EDUCATION: A master's degree in social work, sociology, psychology, marriage and family therapy or a related field.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Must have two years of professional social work experience.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: NONE
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: A bachelor's degree supplemented by four years of professional social work experience will substitute for the primary education and experience requirements..
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): If appointed to the Cabinet for Health and Family Services or to the Department of Juvenile Justice, an employee in this classification must furnish to the appointing authority within one month of employment, documentation that he/she possesses a valid driver's license and must maintain a valid driver's license for the length of employment in this job classification.
Performs job duties in an office/facility setting and visits clients and/or families at their residence. Provides emergency services on 24-hour basis, including accepting referrals and completing investigations at any hour without prior warning. As a result of enforced intervention, the worker runs the risk of physical harm.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Karree Boyle at Karree.email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D